29

JACOB BLACK

I have just gotten off Messenger, where Renesmee poured her heart to me. Our plan is changed. We are leaving tomorrow. Neither of us can stay on Felicity Island any longer.

I jump from my bed and begin packing my backpack. And then I have to pack Renesmee's. She isn't allowed to bring much with herself at the hospital. One by one, she would give me small things for me to take, including some money for us to spend when we arrive.

The plan has been set - we leave tomorrow, we escape Felicity Island by a boat, I've arranged that and then we fly off to Seattle. We have to stay there for at least a month so that we can set in. If we go straight to La Push, we might get found immediately. It will be best for us to wait for a bit. Besides, we can find jobs at Seattle easier. But we'll have to get our GED's first. I feel terrible for Renesmee - she has worked so hard and in the end, she won't be able to obtain the diploma she was talking about because of our plan. Alas, she wants to leave more than anything else.

A knock on the door is heard. When I open it, I see Rachel, who has crossed her arms over her chest and is tapping her foot impatiently. She reminds me of our dad when she does that.

"What is up with you? You need to spend more time with Dad, not with Renesmee! She is simply a girl who you just met!", she scolds me like I am a child again.

And she is right indeed. My father should be always in the first place. No exceptions.

At the same time, I've cared for the family for so long... except for that time when my lovesick teenage self was obsessed with Bella Swan. But she chose the other monster.

"Look," my sister pats my arm, "As soon as Dad is released, we will take Renesmee with us okay?"

I slowly shake my head. My sister's plan isn't going to work, "We are leaving tomorrow, Rachel. If not, then Renesmee will never reach freedom."

The eyes of my older sister fill with tears, as she nods her head. Suddenly, she throws her arms around me. Why?

"Stay safe, okay?", she sniffs in my arm as I hug her back. It reminds me of the times when we were children... when legends were only legends.