27

Jacob agrees that we have to run away. If we stay here any longer, our relationship will be in danger.

Even if I introduce him after my seventh birthday, my parents will wonder how and when we've met and then I'll have to lie. Lying is never easy. I would do it for Jacob, but with a mind-reader for a father, there is no such thing as secrets in my home.

I'm glad Jake wants to run away too. He says he has talked to his father and that he has given him not only his blessings but as well as some money and the keys to the house where they've lived before. I've never met Jacob's father, but when I finally do, I will give him the biggest hug ever.

Before I run away, I need to have documents. I don't have any. Not even an ID card. My parents didn't think it was necessary. I wonder how they have gotten away with that. I believe it's obligatory for everyone to have their documents.

I remember the name of a man - Jenks. Mom used to talk about him at one point. This Jenks man, he makes documents - fake ones.

A new idea forms in my mind. But I will need some extra help.

"Wait... what?", Jacob asks me on Monday at the toilets, "Isn't it illegal?"

I shrug, "It might be but this is our only chance," I say.

Jacob finally agrees with me, "Okay, but you gotta start packing secretly. How are you gonna do that?"

He is right. I can't simply bring a large suitcase at the hospital. Everyone will grow suspicious. And what can I fit in the small bag I carry with me on a daily basis?

"How about every day I will bring something and give it to you? I don't have much anyway," I suggest. I think this plan will work. I hope so.

The first step of our plan is completed. Now, all I have to do is to find Jenks' phone number.

On Saturday, while my parents are watching a movie in the living room, I sneak to the study, hoping to find at least Jenks' email. For my surprise, my mother has left her phone on the desk. I furrow my brows. Sure, she must have Jenks' number, but what if she catches me that I have touched her phone without permission?

I gulp and begin revising a Biology lesson in my mind, while my hand anxiously reaches out for the phone. I unlock it easily - my mother's password is my father's birthday. I quickly touch the Contacts button and search the name of Jenks. And when I find it, I have to memorise it. I literally have seconds and nothing else. Not even a minute.

I quickly exit the contacts, lock the phone and put it back where I saw it, hoping no one gets suspicious. I slowly repeat Jenks' phone number in my mind, praying my parents are too distracted. 

The minute my hands touch my iPod, I quickly send the phone number to Jacob.

On Sunday is the final part of my plan. Under the disguise of wanting to go to yet another shopping trip with my aunts. They forget that at the mall has a photo booth. And I need photos for my documents.

I am so ready to escape.