•5•

MIA

That kid who's dad works for my dad reminded me 700 times about the party he invited me to. My answer is always I'll see man. Truth be told I forgot his name.

well today was the day of the party and from the amount of times this kid has reminded me I've come to the conclusion he invited me to embarrass me. So me and Casey decided to spend our Friday watching movies and ordering Chinese food .

Ambrose hasn't left me alone since our so called date. The whole school seemed to notice too. I only have 2 periods with him. One where we absolutely can't speak to each other or else detention and the other is PE which I have discovered stands for public embarrassment. And in that class we don't really have much time to talk.

Finally there's lunch. Everyday is the same routine. Ambrose practically forces me to sit with them and Casey usually doesn't want to so I end up sitting with her.

I take that back he has left me alone. Well not by choice it seems.

" Hey M " I hear someone call and I instantly knew it was Ambrose. No one calls me M besides him. I continue walking but he catches up.

" when are you going to stop doing that " he says as he falls into step with me.

" doing what "

" you act like talking to me is the most dreadful part of your day " I don't reply.

" it is, isn't it? " he stops but I continue to walk. I get a short distance away then stop and look back at him.

" well is it ? " he asks again.

" Ambrose I don't stop for anyone and I JUST stopped for you " I say and the moment he comprehends it he catches up to me and we fall back into step.

" I hate myself around you " he says.

" really, why so ? "

" well because I'm Me " he says exasperated.

" you don't say "

" I'm serious M " he grabs my hand and forces me to face him.

" I have people following me, I ignore people, I have people trying to get me to give them the slightest attention and with you it's the other way around "

" Ambrose I don't force you to talk to me or follow me and I especially don't ask for your attention "

" well you don't but if I don't ask then you won't and then we'll stop talking "

" you really care that much about talking to Me"

" how can I put it in a way easier to understand" he says and looks around and then snaps his fingers.

" ok I got it. Imagine this, a small boy in a game shop. Each game in the shop is the same, nothing new nothing special. But then they get this game and there's only one of it and no one wants to buy the game but that little boy liked the game. He wanted to figure out all the levels to the game no matter how complicated it can be and he wants to buy it but they won't sell it to him " he says praying to god I understood. I did. It was cute.

" ok so you think I'm a game "

" what no I - "

" I'm kidding " I laugh at the face he makes.

" ok here's the thing Ambrose, let's say they sell the boy the game and he ends up unlocking all the levels. Then what " I ask but not wanting an answer.

" hell'll eventually play the game everyday for let's say a month or two and if WE are lucky a year tops. Then your going to get bored and your going to stop playing the game "