~Chapter 1~

"Naila please call me if those kids keep bullying you," Crystal, Naila's older sister speaks after helping her out of the car.

Not that she needed the help because what she was going through was something she was far used to.

Already knowing that's exactly what is going to happen as soon as she enters Lynbrook High. "I will Crys," Naila sighs, regretting not using the sick excuse to get out of being at this place she deemed hell.

Naila knew as soon as she stepped foot into the school the bullying would begin again. It was like a never ending situation for her. The routine went as followed. Naila would take a couple of days away from school due to bullying and when she went back it would continue.

Crystal and their grandmother, Rosalina, have taken many meetings with the principal about the situation, but the bullies still find a way. Light punishment threats and mini detentions meant nothing to them. Their one goal would be fulfilled one way or another.

Looking somberly toward her only sister, Crystal closes the car door. "Okay Nai, I love you."

"I love you too..."

Naila began walking, her white and red stick occupying her right hand as she approaches the school building. "Please be better than Wednesday," she groans in agony.

She makes it inside of the school without a problem and could hear the many students talking, gossiping, laughing. She only imagined what the students looked like, what they were wearing, how they carried themselves.

Out of nowhere someone bumps into Naila causing her to fall to the floor along with her bag and cane.

With a grunt, one of the girls say,"Watch where you're going girl! Did you not see me there?"

"I-I'm sorry I can't se—"

"Of course she didn't see you Brit," the other girl scoffs, watching Naila struggle to get up. "She can't see at all!"

Brittany Toriano and Sasha Bell were Naila's biggest bullies. They made it an agenda to make Naila's life a living hell. Did they have a reason? No.

Brittany, the main bully, smiles in delight at the scene before her. "Oh Sash you're right it's Nail the girl with the cane."

"It's pronounced Ny-luh spelled N-a-i-l-a there's an a at the end of the l," Naila corrects innocently, though her temper was far from. 

"Ask me if I care," Brittany inches closer to Naila's ear, whispering, "—blind girl."

Naila shudders with hurt as the taunting words replay in her head. Words that she was classified as on paper by the doctors in the hospital. Ones that haunted her as soon as they read her diagnosis and now here at school. 'Blind girl'.

In that moment, the first bell chimes notifying students that it was time to head to class.

"You see I was going to help you up, but you got all smart on me Nail. Good luck getting to class...loser."

Both Brittany and Sasha laugh, walking away from a struggling Naila.

"I swear if I weren't blind..." Naila starts, but stops feeling around for her cane. "You should be close by."