~Chapter 6~

"Well are you going to say something you dumb bi—"

"Alright! Brittany that is ENOUGH!" Mr. Jacobs yells. The class stops staring at Naila to look in the direction of Mr. Jacobs. Everyone knows that when Mr. Jacobs yells, it's never a good thing. "Go to your seat now!"

"Then tell her to take my boyfriend's jacket off," Brittany glowers, folding her arms across her chest.

"Brittany if I have to tell you to sit down one more time, I am sending you to the principal's office."

All while they are going back and forth, Naila takes Michael's jacket off. "Here!" Naila says, holding the jacket up, and Brittany quickly rushes over to her.

Brittany snatches the jacket from Naila saying, "Next time you have one of my boyfriend's items, we will be having a problem."

Even though Naila couldn't see Brittany's facial expression, she could just tell in her voice Brittany was serious.

"Don't worry, I won't," Naila croaks, her voice cracking. Why did I give her the jacket? Naila thought, and that's where her thoughts remained the whole class period.

"Class, make sure you do the assignment tonight," Mr. Jacobs says. Naila jumps out of her thoughts, realizing she missed the whole class thinking about Brittany. "Naila can I have a word with you?"

"Yes Mr. Jacobs," Naila replies, nervously. Had he seen that I wasn't paying attention? Well, he wouldn't know because I can't see, anyways.

Mr. Jacobs approaches Naila and takes the seat next to her. "Naila, do you know the assignment that's due tomorrow?"

Naila sighs, "Honestly? No sir, I have not the slightest of clues."

"I had a feeling," Mr. Jacobs chuckles. This causes Naila to softly smile, then Mr. Jacobs asks, "were you thinking about earlier?"

"Yes," she answers, truthfully.

"I know Brittany is a tough one and I'm here if you need anything."

"Mr. Jacobs I have a question to ask you."

Mr. Jacobs looks at his watch, "I guess I'll be writing you a pass to your next class. What is your question though?"

"Do you think that there is a way I'll ever be able to see again?" Naila asks, hope in her voice. Mr. Jacobs gasps, shocked by her question. He sat for a minute wondering how he'd answer her question the best way he could. In that moment, Naila regretted asking such a question. "You know what Mr. Jacobs? It's okay, you don't have to answer that."

"No, Naila I want to answer," he breathes. "I do believe in the impossible, so yes, I do think you'll be able to see again." A huge smile appears on Naila's face and that causes Mr. Jacobs to smile as well. "But you have to go to the best doctors and—"

"Find someone who's willing to donate their eyes," Naila finishes. She already knew that's what was keeping her from her examination. The doctors had told her that there would have to be a whole simulation where they'd have to see if the eyes were of good use.

"Right, but Naila you know it's very risky, right?" Mr. Jacobs asks, slowly. He wanted to make sure she knew the high risk of doing it.

Naila sighs, then mumbles, "I know Mr. Jacobs, my family and I have had this conversation numerous of times."

"Well, what do they say?"

"They say, no," Naila grunts, aggravated.

Mr. Jacobs frowns, only because he doesn't understand why they'd say no. Yes, there are risks, but there is also a strong possibility she'd be able to see again.

He clears his throat and places his hand over Naila's. "If it makes you feel better, I'd let you get the surgery if you were my child."

Naila's face lights up and she smiles, "Really?"

"If it would make you happy? Yes, because it's your life."

"Just adopt me then sir," Naila jokes. Mr. Jacobs laughs at her comment and Naila joins in, laughing as well. It's what she needed after what she's gone through the past couple of days.

"I don't want to rain on our parade, but you have a class to get to missy," Mr. Jacobs says, standing from the desk.

Naila stands as well and Mr. Jacobs offers to walk her to her class. She accepts and they both begin walking to her math class.

"Good morning Ms. Banks, sorry Naila is late, I had to have a conversation with her," Mr. Jacobs says, once he opens the door.

"It's no problem, good morning to you as well! Good morning Naila."

"Good morning Ms. Banks," Naila greets. As Naila tries to go to her seat, someone calls her name.

"Psst Naila," the person calls from outside of the classroom.

"Mr. Jackson, Naila has class right now. Do you need something from her?" Ms. Banks eyes.

"I just need to ask her about something serious," Michael informs, innocently rocking back and forth.

"You better not be starting trouble young man," Mr. Jacobs warns. Michael looks at him confused as to what he could possibly be talking about. "And you need to stop making Brittany late to class!"

"Huh?" Michael frowns, his eyebrow knitting tightly together. "Mr. Jacobs I—" Michael started, but Mr. Jacobs was already walking away.

"Y-yes Michael," Naila stutters as she stands before Michael.

"Hey," he breathes. "I see the jacket isn't keeping you warm anymore," he jokes.

Naila joins in with his laughter, only hers wasn't real. "Yeah Brittany has it," she says, then continues to fake laugh.

Michael immediately stops laughing and just looks at her. Naila stops laughing when she realizes Michael is no longer laughing, and they both remain silent.

"Why does Brittany have my jacket? I gave it to you." Michael asks, for once, slightly irritated.

"Oh you gave it to her huh?" Brittany pops up from around the corner. "Now why would you do such a thing, boyfriend?"

To be continued...

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. More to come ;)

Please vote, comment, and share