~Chapter 13~

Naila wakes up the next morning to the sound of her alarm clock. When she goes to turn it off a question pops in her heard.

"Wait when did I get in my bed last night," she whispers aloud.

Reaching for her cane she grabs it from the side of her bed and stands up. She makes her way to her bathroom doing her morning routine then taking a brief shower.

"CRYSTAL IM READY FOR MY OUTFIT!" She yells after exiting the bathroom.

Crystal walks in the next minute looking at her little sister sitting patiently on the bed.

"Good morning Nai," Crystal greets, walking into Naila's closet. "How did you sleep?"

Naila ignores her question going straight to the question she'd had in her head all morning. "Crys how did I get into my bed last night?"

Crystal pops her head out of the closet briefly to say, "You don't remember?"

"The last I remember is being with Michael..." Then suddenly it clicks and she gasps. "Did Michael bring me home last night?"

"If you were with him last night then obviously he brought you home silly," Crystal states walking out of the closet with Naila's outfit in hand. "By the way you're going to look cute today."

"You say that everyday."

"And did you not tell me the kids have been complimenting you at school?"

"Ehh... they say the outfits are a'ight," Naila giggles and shrugs. "So I guess you're doing an okay job."

"Little girl—" Crystal begins but Naila cuts her off.

"I'm just messing with you Crys, calm down. I'm sure you make me look great," Naila smiles.

Suddenly the conversation Crystal had with Michael popped into her head. She looks over to Naila who's putting on the outfit. 'She'll be able to see again.'

"So what do you have me wearing today?" Naila asks feeling the outfit. "It feels like jeans and a hoodie?"

"You are right." Crystal smiles at her sister's abilities to use her other four senses. "Dark blue jeans and a gray hoodie."

"Wow I can just hear the people talking about this outfit," Naila says, sarcastically.

"Do you want to be wearing a long skirt, a button up, and some flats?"

"I will never wear anything like that again. Honestly, I can't believe mom used to make me wear that," Naila grimaces at her childhood outfits.

Crystal laughs picturing it as well. "You used to cry because you'd wanted to wear a shorter skirt but mom always made sure to buy the long ones."

"Crys literally every girl at the school had a mini skirt and honestly it wasn't even that short." Crystal laughs louder causing Naila to continue. "I on the other hand had to look like someone's grandmother and wear skirts that stopped at my ankles."

"Mom just didn't want those fast boys looking at you, that's all Nai."

"Yeah, I miss her and dad so much," Naila says lowly. "If I could just go back..."

Crystal sits next to Naila and wraps her arms around her. "I miss them too," she sniffles, rocking them back and forth. "But guess what? They're always watching over us."

"But I don't want them watching over us. I want them with us Crys," Naila whimpers and Crystal hugs her tighter as she let her tears fall.

Naila rests her head in Crystal's lap as they continue to cry. This was the first time they had cried together in a year since their parents death. Naila had become numb to the situation, since she was apart of the accident herself. With Crystal it hit her the most because she wasn't even in the same state—she was at FIT.