~Chapter 9~

The girls made their way into their first period and had taken their seats right next to each other. Other students began to pile in to find their new seats for the rest of the school year.

"Nai, Kofi is in our class girl! I'm going to scream," Sierra whispers making sure nobody hears her. As she's staring at Kofi, he ends up catching her and offering a soft smile.

"And I bet you're flirting with him right now," Naila smirks to herself.

"He smiled and he just winked at me girl. At this point he should call me girlfriend." Naila laughs knowing that her friend can be a little overboard sometimes. "I know you feel the same about Dwayne so don't even try it missy."

"Actually, Dwayne and I are just friends. Plus he has his eye on Marlene, I told you this."

"Y'all have great chemistry though," Sierra says, playfully nudging Naila.

"I'd like to call that a genuine friendship," Naila smiles thinking of what a great friend he is. "Speaking of chemistry... is that where we are right now?"

"Yes we are the very first class of the—oh hell nah," Sierra grumbles. "He's in this class."

"Who," Naila whispers, not sure if they're close.

"Jackson," Sierra replies, rolling her eyes at Michael.

Michael stares at Naila for a second too long before Sierra clears her throat, and loudly. He sighs and starts making his way to an empty seat near the window.

Naila snickers, "Sierra what did you do?"

"Homie was staring at you like he'd seen a ghost so I was just simply waking him up. He's sitting by the window, don't worry it's nowhere near you," she reassures before directing her attention to the man who's just walked into the room.

"Oh, okay cool." Deep down and unbeknownst to Sierra, Naila wanted him to sit by her.

"Good morning class. Welcome to your first class as Seniors! How many of you excited for your last year of High School?"

The class went into an uproar of claps and cheers and Naila couldn't help but to smile to herself. She was just as excited, if not, more excited than they were to get this over with.

"Alright settle down, settle down. Now, my name is Mr. Miller and I will be your chemistry teacher for the rest of the school year. This class will be fun but when it's time to get serious we need to be serious."

"He seems cool," Naila whispers to Sierra.

"He's fine too, I might have to talk to Mr. Miller," Sierra licks her lips while staring at him.

"Sierra he's a whole adult."

"Sis in a couple of weeks I'll be a whole adult as well. That means, no cases." Naila accidentally laughs out loud causing the teacher to stop talking and look at her.

"Excuse me miss, what's your name?"

Naila didn't know he was talking to her so she didn't reply. Mr. Miller knew about there being a blind student in his class because the principal told him so. He pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket saying, "Naila?"

Naila frowns hearing him pronounce her name completely wrong. "Uhh, it's pronounced Ny-luh."

"I'm sorry my mistake. But, would you like to tell me what was so fun—"

"It wasn't her Mr. Miller, it was me." All heads turned to Michael who was looking directly at Mr. Miller. "I was the one who laughed."

"What's your name young man?" Mr. Miller picks up his clip board from his desk and looks down at the list of names.