~Chapter 4~

Naila was sitting on the couch listening to the tv while Crystal was setting up the table for dinner when the doorbell rang.

"I've got it!" Naila called to Crystal, then got up with her cane in hand.

"Who is it?"

"It's your grandparents!" Her grandmother announced.

Naila opened the door and both of her grandparents stared at her lovingly.

"How is my grand daughter doing?" Charlie, her grandfather asked.

"I'm doing good grandpa! Hey grandpa are you wearing my favorite blue hat today?"

Ever since Naila was younger, her grandfather has worn this blue hat around her. The hat reminds her of her dad because on family gatherings her dad and grandfather would wear the same hat.

"Yes sunflower I'm wearing the hat," he smiled.

Naila smiled and reached out to give her grandparents a hug. They both each gave her and hug then made their into the house.

"Where's the crazy big sister of yours?" Rosalina asked then she sniffed the air. "And what's that delicious smell?"

"Crys has made us dinner and it's waiting on the dining room table!"

Naila led the way into the dining room where Crystal was placing the pasta and garlic bread.

"Hey grandma and grandpa," Crystal smiled up at them.

"Hello granddaughter!" Rosalina greeted.

"Hey dandelion," Charlie smiled placing a kiss on her cheek.

Their grandfather had always nicknamed them by a flower ever since they were younger. Naila was his sunflower and Crystal was his dandelion.

"Now that looks absolutely delicious," Charlie drooled. "I bet it tastes better than how it looks!"

Rosalina nudged Charlie pointing to Naila who was standing quietly.

"Let's just sit down and pray," Crystal suggested taking a seat.

Crystal pulled Naila's chair out and helped her into her seat. "Thanks Crys..."

Once they all were seated Rosalina led in saying the prayer over the food. When the prayer ended Crystal dished Naila a plate of pasta and garlic bread.

"Crystal what does it look like?" Naila finally spoke. Rosalina looked to Crystal with sad eyes as Crystal froze in place.

"Well it's garlic parmesan pasta Naila so there's fettuccine noodles—remember what those look like?"

Naila nodded as she felt around for her fork which Crystal immediately placed in her hand.

"Well it's that," Crystal continued. "The sauce is sort of white like cream and there's little green leaves. Then the parmesan is like small little dots and the black pepper is black little dots—smaller than the parmesan ones."

This was how all their dinners started—Crystal explaining to Naila what the food looked like. It pained Crystal whenever she did it because she only wished her sister could see again.

"Oh...well I sure can't wait to try it then," Naila smiled and placed her fork in the pasta. She spun her fork around in the pasta and when she felt it was enough she took a bite.

"This is delicious dandelion," Charlie said.

"Thanks gramps I made it especially for you guys!"

Naila wasn't speaking because she was too busy enjoying the pasta. She was stopped from her fine dining by her grandmother asking her a question.

"Naila how has school been?"