~Chapter 5~

The next day, Naila woke up feeling bad for what she said to Crystal. She felt it was selfish of herself to bring up her parents, knowing Crystal took their death the worst.

Their car ride to school was a silent one, no one saying a word. There were many times Naila wanted to speak but she felt uncomfortable in that situation.

"I hope you have a great day Crys, I love you," Naila says, as Crystal helps her out of the car.

Unbeknownst to Naila, Crystal looks at her little sister and smiles. "You have a great day as well Nai and I love you too."

That caused a soft smile to form on Naila's lips, as she approached the entrance of her school building. She felt it would be a great day, since hearing her sister say she loves her too.

She walked into the school hearing the many voices of her peers. The very peers that treat her as if she's a ghost. Not that she would know because she's incapable of seeing them.

"Good morning Naila," Janet greeted, walking next to Naila.

"Good morning Janet, how are you this morning?"

They continued to walk, making small conversation when Michael approaches them.

"Hey Naila," he says, smiling wide.

"Hello Michael," she actually smiles. Janet smiles at the two as Michael pulls her into a hug.

Their embrace was cut short though, Brittany interrupting the moment.

"Michael Joseph Jackson, what in the world are you doing hugging—" she paused, gathering her words, as she look disgusted at Naila. "—that."

"She has a name Brit don't call her that and I was just giving her a hug," Michael frowns.

Unbeknownst to Michael, his very girlfriend had been bullying Naila. Calling her that was nothing compared to what Brittany has called her.

"Whatever Michael, I don't want to see you around her anymore," Brittany stated.

"I think I'm just going to go," Naila says, trying to best to get out of the awkward situation.

"As you should! See your way—oops I'm sorry I forgot, you can't see."

"No Naila you don't have to leave," Michael frowns deeper, grabbing her arm. He looks at Brittany mouthing her to stop, Brittany rolls her eyes in annoyance.

All the while Janet is standing there experiencing all of this. She wishes her brother would just break up with her already. In her eyes, her brother doesn't deserve to be with an evil person such as Brittany.

"Brittany just go, now," Janet says, annoyed.

"Jan we're supposed to be cool though, you're supposed to be like my little sis—"

Janet scoffs, rolling her eyes at Brittany. "One, don't call me Jan, only my friends and my family call me that. Two I don't like bullies, at all."

"Whatever little girl, Mike baby, lets go!" Brittany begins to walk away but Michael stands his ground next to his sister and Naila. When Brittany turns around she frowns at Michael. "Michael I said let's go!"

"No Brittany, I'm not coming with you," Michael announces. Brittany stands in shock, like someone had told her the most horrible news.

"Michael," she growls, gritting her teeth. "let's GO!"

Michael giggles and shakes his head. "You can go without me Brit, I'll see you later."

"You heard what my brother said Brittany, skedaddle," Janet smiles and waves to Brittany.