Chapter 25

James looked at me when he spotted me leaving the apartment complex and smiled, I smiled back to him.

"Finally you are here I missed you." James hugged me and I hugged him back.

"I missed you too."

We stood like that for a few seconds, then James opened the door of his car and gestured for me to sit. I sat in the front seat.

"So where do you need to go?" James asked.

"To the toy store," I answered.

"Toy store?" James looked at me with a confused look on his face.

"Yes, my stepdaughter's birthday is coming up," I told him and he seemed relieved when he heard my answer.

Did he think I was pregnant?

"So your husband already has a daughter, he must be in his thirties then." I just shrugged because I didn't want to say anything about my husbands. I didn't want him to feel the need to be compared to my husbands.

My husbands are in their mid-twenties and they adopted Elizabeth. I just didn't feel the need to correct James.

I had to admit that my husbands exceeds James in many ways. Like they hired me as a driver who drives a flying car, but James' car is a land car. Flying cars are faster, but I do enjoy riding the land cars because it gives me more time to think.

My husbands unfortunately are more handsome than James, but it is because they were groomed to be handsome. Discipline schools would usually choose the best workout based on the genetics of the students and style them according to their features. Besides, I bet James's body is more comfortable to cuddle than my husband's, even though I never cuddled with James.

Besides I never wanted to have a relationship like the Ravendalian people have.

"Penny, for your thoughts?" James asked.

"Oh nothing, just think how Ravendale is different from Etria," I told James. I wish I could tell how Ravendale is different from Etria, so he could understand me more.

"Yeah, if Ravendale wasn't a private country it would be a lot easier."

"Well enough about Ravendale, how is your internship going?" I asked James to focus the topic on him.

" Alright, I got an internship under the best surgeon. " He continued to say more about this surgeon and I just listened to him talking about his idol.

Soon we arrived at the toy store. I got out of the car and waited for James. When we entered the store, I started carefully inspecting the toys, so I wouldn't get a weird gift for Elizabeth.

James noticed how attentively choosing a gift for Elizabeth and decided to help.

"Maybe you should get a toy tea set?" Elizabeth probably already has a tea set that is made of porcelain, so the plastic tea set will be of no use for her.

"I think she already has it," I told James.

"Then maybe you should get this doll, I heard those dolls are popular in Etria." I looked at the plastic dolls that were wearing Etrian clothes.

"I don't think she will like that doll," I told James. In Ravendale, there is still a trend for porcelain dolls.

"Anna, your step-daughter won't be your forever daughter. You are only going to live with her for 6 months, you don't need to give a gift that would impress her." James said and I just sighed. I understand that James is trying to comfort me.

But giving "indecent to Ravendalians" dolls to Elizabeth can get me killed.

Well, maybe I was exaggerating but the worst thing that could happen is that Alexander and Nathaniel would lecture me about getting an indecent doll that is teaching me that it's okay to wear Etrian clothes.