Chapter 34

The next few days, I felt better and worse at the same time.

Husbands started being more affectionate to me. They started sneaking kisses on the forehead, cheeks, and lips. They would always try to cuddle or spend more time with me.

I felt better when I started spending time with them, I felt less depressed and less anxious. But I've felt more guilty towards James and to my husbands.

I know my husbands wants to get to know me better, but I don't want to be their wife.

I don't want to be a Duchess who would go to the balls, to ensure that her family will have a strong influence in Ravendale's society, yet she could lose her standing in society by the divorce.

I want to be a woman who would be admired for her intellect, no matter if she isn't a duchess or countess.

Yet they made me feel safer in some way. While with James I didn't know if I would successfully keep my promise.

If I keep my promise will we ever get married or will we break up?

Well, it doesn't matter anymore, since I will have a hard time going to Etria.

It doesn't mean that I should stay married, I could still divorce and just handle my business in Mountainville, it would be more comfortable than running it from afar.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Alexander's gentle voice snapped from my thoughts.

Currently, I'm spending time with Alexander, cuddling with him as he was reading a newspaper. This is our preferable way to cuddle.

"Oh nothing, I've just been reading about..." I've looked around for the name of the article.

"The Fayan Queen might get divorce with her wife." The last part of the sentence sounded very questionable to Alexander since I was very surprised at the title.

Faya is a private magical country like Ravendale, both Faya and Ravendale don't mind sharing secrets. While I was in Etria, I never came across an article about Faya. In Ravendale, I just never had time to study Faya.

So far I know that Faya is filled with jungles and they prefer to be vegetarian and use solar energy.

The one thing I didn't know, is that same-sex relationships are very acceptable there.

"Their daughter is missing for almost 18 years, it's stressed them out, but I think the Queen wouldn't divorce her wife," Alexander commented on the article.

I didn't ask about how they have a daughter, since they could probably adopt her or just make it with magic.

Alexander doubted that Annabelle was reading the newspaper since she had a blank look and didn't notice how he was looking at her.

Probably she was thinking about something and didn't want to share.

It's better to respect her privacy. Our wife is already beautiful, intelligent, and calm. It's a fair trade.

Then I heard small footsteps coming into the second living room. Probably Elizabeth wants to play or just wants company.

After a few seconds, Annabelle also heard Elizabeth's footsteps, so she sat up.

"Hi Elizabeth, do you want to sit with us?" Annabelle asked Elizabeth with a gentle voice. Without answering Elizabeth came to Annabelle indicating she wanted on Annabelle's lap.

At first, I and Nathaniel thought that Annabelle doesn't particularly like children since she didn't try to bond with Elizabeth before and tried to be neutral with her.

But now we understood that likes children, but didn't want to spend time with Elizabeth, because she didn't want Elizabeth to feel abandoned, after our six months of marriage.

When Annabelle started spending more time with Elizabeth, I noticed how Elizabeth became happier, since she has a mother figure.

"Are you done spending time with our wife? It's now my turn to spend time with Annabelle." Nathaniel mindlinked at me and I chuckled.

Strange enough, Nathaniel wasn't a person that would always entertain women, I remember he dreaded to entertain our previous fiances.

I was the one who would always try to cater to our fiance's needs.

In the end, we ended up canceling our engagement. The first woman ended up killing herself, since she was afraid to disappoint her family. Another killed herself in an asylum.

We never thought that we could move on since we lost our first daughter.

Yet, we've become fascinated with Annabelle. She was mysterious and she was fragile in her way.

"No, I think you have to wait for your turn since now Elizabeth took your turn spending time with Annabelle," I answered in mindlink.

Each positive aspect of Annabelle will have its negative aspects. For example, Annabelle might want to have a second husband, since a lot of men are seeking to become her second rank husband.

Furthermore, she already has a lover.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's kinda getting spicy.

Right now I'm finishing writing interesting chapters, I will update them soon :)

What does Alexander means by loosing innocent angel?

What do you think they would do to Annabelle, since they know about James O.O?

Another extra question: How did they find out about it?

I will be looking at the comments and helping you guys guide you to a right answer :)

See ya next time :)