Chapter 42

That day my husbands wanted me to sleep with them in the master bedroom. They said that they wanted me to feel that I belong here. That I deserve to be the mistress of this house.

For some reason, I don't feel anxious, as I did before. Maybe, because now I know what kind of future I have?

I didn't want to be a duchess, but since I have no choice, but to get used to it.

My husbands have been helping me. They didn't become more hostile or possessive as I imagined. They became more understanding and willing to compromise.

I decided that I needed at least one session with a therapist. My husbands at first didn't want to go to the therapist, because I might not like how they do their work. I asked about Jamison because he majored in psychology in Etria. My husbands were hesitant to schedule an appointment, but I got an appointment.

I woke up in the master bedroom, I stretched my limbs. I turned to see Nathaniel was already awake.

"Good morning !" I sleepily said.

He just smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Good morning to you too." He answered.

We just laid here, cuddling until Alexander woke up. He also wanted a morning dose of kissing and cuddling.

Today was the day when I had my appointment in Jamison. I was excited to see Jamison since I enjoyed talking to him when we were at the auction ball and I was a little bit worried.

After we got up, I went to my room to dress up. It's very comfortable because the master bedroom is next to my room. Also in the master bedroom, there is a door that I can access to my dressing room. It's made easier, and curious how the rooms were used by previous owners.

The Amethyst manor is the main house of Amethyst's and usually, the main branch stays here. If the children of the Amethyst family are old enough and capable enough, the parents move out from the main house.

Not all noble families have the same policy. My family's policy is to stick together because we didn't have a lot of family members. Now I'm the only Blue Topaz house's member.

I chose to wear a blue dress, since I feel comfortable wearing this dress, because I grew up wearing blue colors, also I wore the dress that Nathaniel bought me. The quality of the material is better and comfortable than I used to wear before.

After I got dressed, I went to the dining room and had breakfast. The appointment was supposed to be after my breakfast, so I kissed my husbands on the cheek, before leaving the manor.

"According to the address, my lady, we have arrived." The coachmen told me.

"Alright, then I will see you in an hour?" I said and the coach nodded. I got off from the carriage and looked at the address. Not the best part of the town, but it's still in the center of Ivydale.

I went to the building and there was no secretary there and it was dusty.

I guess Jamison didn't hire any.

Then I heard the door opening and I saw Jamison coming out of his office.

"Oh, you're already here, Duchess Annabelle, come in." Jamison invited me in. I climbed upstairs and went to his office. I looked around his office to an unorganized desk and almost dead plants.

"Sorry, I rarely have patients coming here, so I didn't have time to clean up, but I still managed to clean dust." Jamison apologized.

"It's alright, but why is it rare for you to have a patient?" I asked Jamison in curiosity.