03 ¦ the mall

03 ¦ the mall

Ariana Grande - no tears left to cry

'right now I'm in a state of mind, I wanna be in like all the time'

×

WEEKENDS were God's gift to us teenagers after a long week filled with meaningless things in life - school. I had always liked sleeping until late, just to savour the feeling of not waking up early.

When I heard my cellphone vibrate from underneath my pillow, I groaned angrily and looked at what the electronic device had to offer.

It was a text from the user on Wattpad with the weird username.

I'm guessing you decided to ignore my advice. Your work is not going to go anywhere if you are not able to take advice from people trying to help. Hello

I'm sorry to be rude but who are you and what do you want with me? Its literally 07:30 on a Saturday and I'm awake! Are you on the other side of the world or something?

More like Cape Town, Darwin Swanepoel at your service.

You an early riser?

I'm more of a night owl.

Get out of my life.

I put my phone on airplane mode, shoved it under my covers and attempted to go back to sleep.

Tossing and turning in bed wasn't nice because I knew that, that meant that sleep wasn't coming anytime soon. I opened my eyes and the harsh lighting coming from my window made me squint. 

I turned to the other side and whipped my cellphone from under my pillow. I switched off the airplane mode and waited for a split second before notifications started to pile in.

There were follow requests from Instagram, updates from Wattpad, messages from people on Whatsapp and notifications from YouTube.

I started with Instagram.

Darwin.Swanepoel requests to follow you

Darwin Swanepoel? I thought for a minute and recalled the conversation I had earlier with 'wholetthedogsout'. So, his name is Darwin Swanepoel, too bad he was annoying, I was going to slide into his dm's.

I accepted the requested and clicked on his account. It was public, which meant I could see how he looked like. I braced myself for the worst. Guys who sent me direct messages never were physically attractive so it was the norm to get a weird looking dude Whatsapping me.

I clicked on one of his posts, it was a mirror selfie. I couldn't quite see his face properly because of the distance but I could make out dark, curly hair. My stomach did a somersault and I shook my head.

This had to be some kind of sick joke. No cute dude in their right mind would look at me, let alone text me. Although to be honest, he didn't know how I looked like. Despite the fact that I had more than one thousand followers on Instagram, I had zero pictures posted.