12 ¦ your eyes

12: your eyes

Bazzi - Beautiful

' you're saying you the one for me, I need to face it'

×

i would ask if you were available to go to the movies on sat

I couldn't reply to Mason's text message. Not because I didn't want to, but because I didn't know how to. So I just left it, I had to think.

I had to take a moment to think about everything that was happening. Everything from the start.

I used to like Mason, now he knows that I like him and wants to take me out the movies - or at least I think that's what that text meant. Darwin was not the one I was talking to all this time. Even if he was not that person, he was still cool. This whole time, I was talking to Donell, from Saint Sebastian's. Even if I was pissed, he was still cute though but I was infuriated that he lied to me.

"I don't know what to do." I admitted during break, cuddling a chicken sandwich from Woolworths in my hands.

"Just go to the movies with Mason but make sure you do everything that will turn him off and that way - you both will leave with good intentions." May shrugged adjacent to me and I took a minute to consider her plan.

It wasn't all that bad, besides I had to basically be myself because I'm pretty sure that Mason doesn't like girls like me.

"That makes sense but I don't think my parents will allow me to go to the movies with a boy." I raised my eyebrows.

"What makes you think that?" May inquired.

"The other day I was in the car with my dad, and I was talking to Katleho. He saw me smile and immediately assumed it was a guy because he asked me who I was talking to and I told him. He then said he has a gun and gave me the stank eye even after I told him that Katleho was a girl."

May giggled at my statement.

"I could come to the movies too with Lungile. That way your parents will think you're with me. Lungile and I will keep out of your way." May suggested.

"Why don't you bring Siya?" I grinned and I saw May look down at the floor.

May was blushing? No ways.

"I literally only got his numbers today plus I'm not sure if he likes me or not. I just want to get to know him better."

"You can do that over the phone."

May shook her head.

"What are you going to do about Donell and Darwin?" She asked.

Right. I had almost forgotten about that duo.

"I don't know. What should I do? My mind is telling me to just leave it all alone."

May stuck her nose in the air.

"No way. Donell likes you dude and Darwin. I'm not sure about that one. He just happened to be caught up in the middle of everything."

So what if Donell likes me. He lied to me and the most upsetting thing was that I found out on my own - even embarrassed myself while doing that.

"Do you remember how you felt when Eliza told you that Mason wanted to know who you were even after we went to the mall with him?"

I nodded sourly.

I hated that feeling. I wouldn't wish it on anyone - except Mason himself.

"Don't you think that's how Donell feels?"