25| smitten boy

25: smitten boy

Lauv - Feelings

'know we've been friends, and love only knows broken ends, that's what you said but girl let me change your mind'

*

I woke up with an ache in my neck as I looked over at Jade. She was fast asleep.

It still looked as if it was dark outside. For a brief moment, I pondered what time it was.

I took my early rising as a sign to get dressed and put on a pad. I hadn't started my period yet but I was preparing for it. The last thing I wanted was to have an accident in front of everyone.

Getting out of my sleeping bag, careful not to wake Jade, I slipped on a pair of grey sweatpants and a black, tank top. I packed all my things neatly and went back inside my sleeping bag.

After what felt like an hour slumber, I was awakened by someone's voice booming from the other tents.

"Guys, it's time to get up."

Reluctantly, I got out of the small tent and rubbed the sleep from my eyes while putting on my brown Timbalands. I knew that after this camp, they would be dirty and worn out.

"Can you pass me my toiletry bag?" I asked Jade who was still inside the tent.

"Yeah sure."

Moments later, Jade crawled out of the tent and gave me my toiletry bag.

My face felt crusty and swollen so I walked over to the back of the tents, near the bushes with my toiletry bag and water bottle in my hands.

I took out my toothbrush and toothpaste from my toiletry bag before putting it on the ground.

I started to brush my teeth and rinse every now and then with the little bit of water I had in my water bottle. Using my foot, I kicked a bit of soil to cover the small spot where I had spat when rinsing my mouth.

I put my toothbrush and toothpaste back into my toiletry bag before whipping out my all over baby wipes and started wiping my face.

I put the used wipes in a small plastic bag that I was going to use for my sanitary pads and put that plastic bag back into my toiletry bag.

I applied some Vaseline on my face and lips before walking over to my hiking bag and packing my things back into it.

"Guys, come here quickly," I heard the instructor say so I hastily closed my hiking bag and walked over to Zaza.

"Good morning. How did everyone sleep?" she asked us and I scanned the whole group.

Most of the people looked beat. Lihle and Ayabonga were still wearing their doeks. Lihle and Bridgette were worse though, they were still wearing their onesies.

"Very good." Jade murmured with a smile next to me.

I definitely did not sleep good. I was shivering the entire night because of someone who was immune to the cold. I kind of regretted sharing a tent with Jade but I hoped that the nights that were yet to come were easier.