20 | firsts

20: firsts

Ruth B - Dandelions

'wishing on dandelions all of the time, praying to God that one day you'll be mine'

×

I wasn't completely sure how to react. I felt various emotions go through me but there was one that I couldn't conceal, bafflement.

I looked down at the wine bottle that was shattered in front of my feet. One thing was for sure, I was going to get in so much trouble.

"I'm just going to pretend that I didn't see any of this." I mumbled out loud.

I heard someone's footsteps getting nearer and nearer. My eyes quickly made their way back to Ryland and Darwin.

They had managed to get their hands off of each other but Darwin's shirt was messy.

I carefully walked over the mess I had made to fix his shirt.

I stood patiently in between Ryland and Darwin waiting for the person who was approaching to enter the wine cellar.

"Woah, what happened here?" I heard a familiar voice.

It was May.

Her eyes met us three.

"Did you guys have a threesome or something?" She giggled hysterically.

"No." I shouted at the same time when Darwin and Ryland shouted, "Yes."

"Guys," I scolded them, "I haven't even had my first kiss, why would I be jumping off to threesomes?"

"Then what happened?" May raised an eyebrow.

I was ashamed at how quickly the lie rolled off my lips, "As I said, I came here to get a bottle, miscalculated the distance causing it to fall. Ryland and Darwin were in the gym testing out the equipment, they heard the sound and rushed over to help."

"Yup." Ryland said.

"We just wanted to make sure that she was okay." Darwin said matter-of-factly.

May nodded, pleased with my answer.

"I guess we're not playing spin-the-bottle anymore. We don't want any of your dad's wine being destroyed."

I made my way out of the wine cellar - careful not to step on any of the glass and bronze liquid.

When we got to the living room, people were already playing 'Truth or Dare'. I frowned at how typical that was but nonetheless went to the laundry room to get some equipment to clean up the mess I had made.

The image of Darwin and Ryland making out didn't seem to evade my mind. I so desperately wanted to ask them questions regarding what I saw but decided against it. There was a reason why they didn't tell any of their friends about this. Maybe, Eliza knew because Ryland and her were like two peas in a pod.

"Hey, what's wrong?" A voice startled me and whisked me out of my thoughts.

I turned around, my heart beating a little faster than it was before.