07 ¦ class encounters

07: class encounters

Shekinah - the sound

'and I don't wanna ever lose this feeling, no way, no way'

×

I had never thought that this day would come. Not even in my wildest dreams did I think that this would happen.

Mason smiled at me.

I was by the locker room, checking my timetable to see which three subjects I was going to after break.

At first, all I heard was Anwar's voice, it was familiar because we used to be in the same class in the eighth and ninth grade and he never ceased to talk.

I used to like Anwar. I found him very cute, with his dark, intense eyes, luscious brown slicked back hair and lean body, his features were enough to make my heart beat a little different whenever he was around.

Unlike my crush on Mason, I used to talk to Anwar, then he told me that I was annoying and ever since then, my feelings for him deteriorated.

I think it was for the best.

Whilst shutting my locker with my butt, I grabbed my schoolbag with one hand, and with the other, I secured the lock.

I turned towards the door, and started walking to it, my hand struggling with the backpack strap. When my arm was finally in the correct place, I looked up and was met with a pair of familiar green eyes.

Mason.

His eyes lit up and I took this a sign that he recognised who I was.

My heart started beating at an abnormally fast rate and my ears were scorching hot.

Mason smiled at me.

I gave him a wide grin in return and sped out of the locker room fast.

Maybe Eliza and Ryland's plan was working after all.

×

"Ash, have you ever kissed a guy?" I heard a whisper behind me as I was seated in the English class.

My eyebrows knitted as I tried to make sense of what Ryland was asking.

"Uh, what? Me? Kissed a guy..uh," I stuttered, biting my cotton candy lip balm smeared lips harshly as I tried to think of an excuse.

"She has never kissed a dude," May whispered back and I found it a big coincidence that the class chatter died down when May said those words.

"Neither have you," I shot back with a wide grin on my face trying to make light of the whole situation.

"If it makes you guys feel better, I haven't either," Eliza crooned.

I didn't help me feel better. I somehow knew that Eliza probably hadn't kissed anyone. She didn't peg me as that type of girl - even though she had many guy friends. She hasn't even had boyfriend before, says she is not ready for that type of responsibility.