Letters | 1

Jaemin payed the driver before leaving the taxi. He walked straight to the entrance of the hospital and find his way to the nurse station.

“Uhm, excuse me” he uttered, getting the attention of the petite nurse that is currenly organizing the files in her side. She gently looked up and found Jaemin's smiling face, “Yes sir?”

“I am looking for Lee Minji's room” the boy politely answered. The nurse nod her head and turn her back at the latter to look for the file of the said patient.

While waiting, Jaemin's gaze suddenly landed on the boquet of sunflowers in his hands. It was bright yellow in color.

He knew that Minji loves dark color though, he thought that it isn't right. In his perspective, girls should love bright colors because it reflects to their characteristics, alive and beautiful.

“It's in room 138 sir” the nurse said making Jaemin to turn his gaze to the nurse. He once again smiled and uttered ‘thank you’ before going to the elevator to find the patient's room.

But before he could enter to the elevator, he noticed a familiar figure of a guy sitting in one of the benches in the waiting area, looking all worn out and stressed.

He walked straight to his place before tapping it's shoulder, “Mark what are you doing here? Where's Minji?” he asked in a worried tone.

Mark's eyes widened once he realized who the guy was, “I---uh...”

“Mark don't tell him about my heart complications, please” Mark heard his sister's voice inside his head making him stop from talking.

Jaemin only looked at him with confusion in his eyes, “Is there a problem?”

Mark only shookt his head, “N-No, my sister wants to be alone for a while, so I let her” he explained hoping that the latter would believe his dumb excuse.

Jaemin only nod his head, “I see, then I'll come back some other time... and yeah, please hand these flowers to her and tell her to get well soon. She must be so stressed out that's why she passed out again yesterday” he uttered, his voice is filled with worries.

Mark only showed him a small smile before taking the flowers from Jaemin's hand.

The latter was about to leave when he grabbed it's hand making the younger boy to look at him, “What's the matter hyung?”

The elder boy picked up the envelope on his side and handed it to Jaemin, “She wants you to have this, take care in your way home” Mark smiled.

Jaemin only gave him a small smile before waving his hands to the older boy and started to walk away,

while on the other hand, Mark was left alone, once again crying, trying to stop himself to barge inside the operating room and wake his now asleep sister.