Letters | 3

Letter #2

Dear Jaemin,

          Have you read the previous letter? Because you shouldn't be here if not. Stick to the rules and read each letters based on it's order. Stop being so hardheaded okay?:)

          Can you still remember the day I met you? It was my first day as a senior high and the worst part was my family needed to move places because my brother needs to go to college.

          I was new to the place, I know no one from the school I was transferred on. It was the first day of school, everyone seemed to know each other and I feel so left out.

          I was sitting in the rearward part of the classroom near the window. I wanted to make friends but seems like none of them wanted to be one.

          I thought my first day would feel so boring and quiet, not until you sat beside me. I didn't notice you at first but you talked to me, you introduced yourself saying that you're new to the school, that you knew no one from there and even asked me to be your friend.

          Did you know how happy I was back then? I thought I'll never be able to make friends that day but you showed up. I told you that I was also new to the place, yet I'm a bit worried because I'm afraid that you might decline the friendship you offered because I thought, you wanted to befriend someone who's been in that school for a long time... but I was wrong.

            You smiled at me saying that we could figure out things together. Your smile washed away my anxiety and made me feel at ease.

          From that day onwards, I started to like going to school, not only because I was excited to learn new things, but also because I'm excited to meet someone as wonderful as you, everyday.

-Minji