Letters | 2

As soon as Jaemin arrived in his home, he immediately sat in front of his study table and examined the bulked envelope on his hand.

It was filled with stickers and a calligraphy was written on the back of it saying Letters to Jaemin, while the front was sealed with a strip of faded yellow washi tape with a small note stuck on it,

"Before blue was the only color for me,
But you changed my mind;
And taught me that blue isn't always the color to be chosen,
For there is also a bright yellow color.

You are my yellow, Na Jaemin."

Jaemin found himself smiling after reading the note. Without any hesitation, he carefully opened the envelope and found himself digging through mountains of carefully folded letters that were individually sealed with a washi tape inside.

He even found another small note that caught his attention, "Every letter has an appropriate number, please read based on its chronological order" was written on it.

Jaemin scanned each letter and found numbers written on the upper left corner of it.

He picked the Letter #1 and gently opened it to avoid the paper from ripping apart.

-

Dear Jaemin,

You must be wondering why I wrote so many letters, aren't you? I guess you already knew who was writing since it's not even a secret, but incase you forgot, it's me-Minji, you know, Mark Lee's little sister. I know it may sound weird but they said, written letters are the sweetest thing you could ever give to someone, that is why I wrote letters to you.

I know that you're already aware, you already knew that my feelings for you was head over heels. But even though I've confessed my feelings for you, you still remained on my side even if you can't give back what I gave you.

You told me that friendship is more valuable that anything else and you don't want to lose it because I'm important to you. Did you know how happy I was when you told me that? I've felt like I'm the most loved person above earth that time. Knowing that I'm important to you making me feel like I'm already sitting on cloud 9.

Though I can't lie that I wasn't expecting you to change your mind. I know I sound like a hypocrite when I said that I've already accepted my fate as your best mate yet in my head I was praying for you to change your mind and accept my love. Because what can I do when you keep on outshining everyone? You gleamed like shining waters under the sun-and your smile, I hope you're well aware that your smile could light up even the darkest place on the back of my head. I know I sound selfish, but Jaemin, you are the man of my dreams, yet surpringly, I'm already contented with just the thought of us falling in love. The only boy that I've wanted to love from the beginning to the end, is only you. The one and only, Na Jaemin.

-Minji