Letters | 7

Letter #6

Dear Jaemin,

         It was the first day of august and the green scenery around us already turned to brown.

          We are on our last three days of practice before the actual act that we're going to do in the stadium of our school.

          You were wearing your costume and practicing your lines with the girl that you wanted to be with, it was Hina, the girl from the audition—and yeah, I almost forgot that you got the role to be the prince of the story. I can still remember the day you did your best just to get your dream role, not because it was a main role but it was the lead male of the princess role that Hina got.

          You were so happy that day as if you're already flying. You even payed for our lunch in a fastfood chain that day because you said you wanted to celebrate.

          Right now, I was just staring at you while you smile at every single cheesy line that you're reading from your script. My heart ached when you held Hina's hand and kneeled infront of her; it was my signal to get in the scene.

          Do you know how pathetic I felt with my role? I was the servant that's going to give you the ring that you're going to place on her ring finger. I deserved that ring I thought, but I was wrong, because if I deserved it, I should be the one playing the lead female role, and Hina should be playing my role. But it was the other way around.

          And on the day of our act, you did a really great job of fulfilling your role. It was fairytale-like and you literally looked like a prince who came out straight from the book. You were so perfect and so beautiful.

          But that day was the day I would never forget, it was my first heartbreak. Even though I haven't confessed to you yet and you still haven't rejected me, I felt like I died that day.

          On the ending scene when you're only supposed to kiss Hina's hand, you went overboard and kissed her cheek. I analyzed her expression, I thought she's going to slap you but she smiled. The both of you smiled. You look like a perfect painting and I'm just a dust, trying to stick on you but can't because you two are flawless and I was the opposite.

-Minji