Letters | 15

Letter #14

Dear Jaemin,

          It was wednesday back then and it was raining hard. I never expected the weather to be that rough because the sun was shining earlier.

          I don't know how I'm supposed to go home. I contacted my brother but he told me that he can't pick me up yet due to the heavy rain.

          I thought I won't be able to go home that day, I was about to cry when you suddenly appeared by my side.

          You told me that I could come with you because your umbrella is quite big and we can share with it together. Since I'm desperate to go home I agreed right away. I was wearing my new sneakers that day, the one that Mark, my older brother, bought me as a new year gift.

          The water is rising from the canals and there are literally water paddles everywhere. I was about to step on the water when you stopped me and told me to just ride on your back.

          Ofcourse I declined your offer at first because I was shy... I don't really know how to react. You kneeled in front of me, and your back was facing me. You waited for me to piggyride at you but I just stared at your back.

          You're quite a short-tempered, don't you? You suddenly pulled my hands and put it in your neck making me ride at your back. My cheeks are burning that time and I could not utter a single word because I was literally shocked by what you did.

          Then you handed me your umbrella and told me that I should hold it, because your hands are full—because you're carefully carrying me on your back.

          I saw how you didn't even hesitate to step your white sneakers in the dark water paddles in the road.

          We started to walk home while I was at your back. I tried telling you to put me down when the water paddles are gone but you just smiled and tighten your hold unto me.

          And halfway from our house, the rain stopped. There's only 2 blocks away from my home when I saw Mark running while holding a huge umbrella. His hair was a mess and his clothes are even wet. He even hasn't changed his school uniform yet and he's even still wearing his leather shoes.

          My brother's face was full of worries but it all vanished when he saw me, being carried by you.

          To my suprise you suddenly stopped in front of my brother and greeted him. I never thought that you two were ex-collegues. You never mentioned me that you were part of their old group BoB(Black on Black), and you were even one of the best dancers.

          You're also quite suprised to know that I'm Mark Lee's sister. Mark smiled suspiciously at me that time when we decided to bid goodbye with each other.

          On our way home, Mark actually interrogated me and kept on asking me if I like you. Of course the only answer that I could tell him that time is... yes.

          He smiled at me and even assured me that you're a good guy and he's even on your side if even that you ask me to be your girlfriend.

          I know my brother is such a mad man, but I was silently wishing for it to come true. We, being together.

          I know it's selfish but I hope it's real.

-Minji