Uh oh

"So what happens now?"

Felix asked no one in particular after Sunwoo had existed the room. He, like everyone else in the room, was waiting for the breakthrough; the moment where the protagonist dusted themselves off and stood back up with stronger heels.

All eyes turned to you, said protagonists, awaiting for you to dust off and stand back up. Unfortunately, all you could provide your viewers with was a blank stare. They returned the stare with two blinks, and so did you. Almost like a light bulb went through his head, Kevin's eyes shot up and he nudged his companion, Chanhee, and reminded him of why their presence was needed.

"Right! Listen hear, Trouble." The boy jumped from his seat, pointing his index finger to the ceiling like a lecturer about to give the best and most educational lesson ever. Kevin scrambled up after his friend, awkwardly mimicking his movements, trying by all means to look as serious as possible.

"You need to...stop moping!"

"That's right!" Kevin agreed, in the most serious of serious manners.

"A-and uh...believe in yourself!"

"Believe in yourself!" Kevin's words were beginning to actually hype Chanhee who now felt like he was the most experienced advisory person of all time.

"Know yourself!"

"Knowledge!"

"Express yourself!"

"Coffee baby!"

"Respect yourself!"

"Hallelujah!"

The two boys could almost hear the church keyboard playing in the distance. You hid your face behind your hands whilst Cole wondered how on earth you'd survived for this long with 'these idiots'. Felix on the other hand, was legitimately getting inspiration from the scene before him, slightly bouncing excitedly as he watched the other two do the same. Cole took this as a sign to ruin the former's fun by smacking the back of his head.

"You need to go get your mans hunny!"

"Get it!"

"And finish off what you've started. We're all by your side."

Chanhee's last words were sincere along with his smile and you sheepishly returned your own.

"Uh..." Kevin shifted on his feet awkwardly. He scratched the back of his neck tentatively, not sure if this was the right time to bring the atmosphere to a low once more. Especially after that hard work of pet talking they just did.

"Actually...I don't think you have enough time to 'finish what you started'. I heard Juyeon earlier, on the phone with your mom. She's coming to pick you up."

Your face right now looked like a cross point of shock and fear. The sheer thought of your mom finding out about your recent mishaps-not really- and most probably illegal things you've been up to, made you want to crawl somewhere dark and hide. The latter was highly impossible though since no one knew about what you've been doing at that construction site except for the people currently in your room and Jacob. Unless one of them snitched, which was also highly unlikely, you thought.

"What? When?"

Kevin took a minute to figure out a way to answer your first question, but then realized that it might have been rhetorical so moved on to the next.

"Tomorrow."

All hope is lost!

"It's not exactly too late. I mean, we still have tonight, Trouble."