Bird brain

A/n: sorry for the delay. If you're still reading then thank you so much for the support. The last chapters will be published tomorrow or even later today. For those interested, there's no longer gonna be a sequel lol. Okay bye~ [Heavily unedited]

*

The doorbell rang and Jacob and Sunwoo exchanged looks before sprinting to the door. They waited in front of the door for a while for some reason, knowing what is on the other side and what that meant for this adventure. It was soon to come to an end.

Jacob sighed and opened the door. There stood your mom and behind her stood a large grumpy woman.

"Mrs Lee!" Jacob smiled as he stepped aside for the two women to come in. Sunwoo simply bowed slightly.

"Please, I'm not married anymore. Call me Mariam." She said. The large woman turned ubruptly on her heel to face the two boys.

"Where's my Juyeon?" She asked. Sunwoo furrowed his eyebrows at her rudeness and took it upon himself to subtly remind her about manners.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Sunwoo and this is Jacob."

"And I don't care."

"This is my good friend Charlotte Green." Miriam projected to the woman who rose her eyebrow.

"I'm not married either but you will address me by Miss Green." She said in the snoopiest accents ever. Jacob wasn't surprised, he'd heard a lot about this woman and so had Sunwoo.

Sunwoo rolled his eyes and the man that Miss Green had been waiting for finally arrived.

"Mom?" Juyeon called as he came down the stairs. Miss Green's features immediately lightened as if Juyeon was calling out to her. The boy gave his mom a tight hug before greeting Miss Green who unexpectedly pulled him into a very very tight bear hug.

Sunwoo and Jacob snickered as they watched Juyeon's face go pink from the lack of oxygen.

"Oh Juyeon my poor baby! It feels like I haven't seen you for years. Look how much you've grown and how....handsome..you've gotten." She trailed off, looking at the said boy dreamily.

Sunwoo scrunched up his nose.

This lady was weird.

Juyeon laughed nervously and slipped out of her grasp.

"Where is she? I have a business meeting tomorrow so I don't want to leave here late." Miriam immediately said to her son.

Juyeon scratched the back of his head.

"Y/n went for a walk. She'll be back soon, right guys?"

"R-right!"

"Totally."

He gave a toothy smile to his mom as reassurance.

"While we wait," Jacob began, wanting to buy as much time as they could before things started getting suspicious.

"Would you guys like for us to make anything for you? We do have an amazing cook with us right here." He motioned to Juyeon who blushed hard because of the sudden compliment.

"Oh! I-"

"Oh Juyeonnie! Remember those small surprise dumplings you used to make? I wouldn't mind having those." Miss Green suggested and Sunwoo raised a brow at her.

"Dumplings? Maybe we should make you a salad instead."

"Excuse me?" Charlotte practically growled and embarrassed Jacob was quick to try brush off his friend's rude comment.