The Mirror Way

An underwater maze within a white void filled with mirrors of different shapes and size. The Mirror way was the strangest place Kiki had ever been in, there wasn't even a ground to stand on. They had to swim to get from one mirror to the next, but it made traveling in the human realm faster. The mirrors act as gates to a number of locations from the other side of the world to a certain human boys apartment. Why did he go there? Conrad looked away from her and held the bag of cookies tight. But with him like this. Let's find somewhere to talk.

                                                                                         * * *

The Mirror way was interesting and convenient, but it smelled horrible. If only she was more skilled in magic she wouldn't have to use her nose to get around. It took her a long time to find him. When Kiki caught his scent she was tired, annoyed and didn't care where she was. Her anger turned cold the moment she saw Mono fixing his clothes from across the hall. It was a wonder that she didn't slam the door but closed it so quick and light to make it creek. She wanted to go back to the mirror way but the scent of earth and hundred-year-old spoiled milk told her Conrad was there. In her fox form, as swift as the winter wind grabbed Conrad and left.

                                                                                        * * *

Kiki stepped out of a mirror into a space between two buildings were humans threw away their trash. Conrad stood next to her in silence staring at the cookies. I've never seen him make that face before. She squatted. "Conrad." He gazed back at her. "Why did you run off?"

His rubbed away his tears. "I wanted to see Hilda."

"I'm sure Yoko-"

"I tried."

"What do you mean?"

Jing. Jing. Their surroundings became still. 

Its Yoko! What should I do? Make something up? No, what's the point of lying to someone who's a master at it?!

"Kiki."

The sharp tone caused Kiki to quiver. Despite it, she rosed and turned towards the voice. A black silhouette of Yoko stared at her. " Where have the two of you been? You should have returned hours ago."

I'm going to have to tell the truth. Maybe it won't be too bad.

"Yoko," Conrad walked in-between Kiki and Yoko's shadow. "I'm, sorry. I didn't believe you."

What's he talking about?

The shadow expressed a bit of surprise. When it noticed the bag of cookies it smiled. "So that's it. We'll talk  when you get back. For now, let me see it."

He pushed back his bangs revealing a crown with a black and white orb in the middle.

"Hmm, Your going to have to go back."

"What? But his already eaten. There was an after smell."

"It wasn't enough. Find another sleeper on your way home."

She didn't like it, but this would buy her some time to think of an excuse for why they were gone for so long and to question,Conrad . "Alright."

Jing. Jing. The shadow sank into the ground.

"Why didn't you eat your full at Mono's apartment?"

"He woke up." he walked passed her, then stopped in front of the mirror.

She took his hand. "But they never wake up while your feeding on them." The two  disappeared into the mirror.

Author note :

I decided to tell the story from two prospectives. I thought it would be interesting.What do you think? In the next chapter,it will be Mono's turn.