Jin

"Here take this." Kiki star charm appeared.

"Isn't that important to you?" Mono asked. The charm went to him.

"It's an illusion. We can use it to communicate."

The charm in his hand had weight to it. "This place isn't real. But why is it showing me things that happened in the past? What kind of magic is this?"

"I don't know. Yoko told me; that no matter what kind of magic it is, whether it's a spell or magical item there is always an intent behind it. A core purpose. Understanding it is the key to it's undoing.

"And since these are my memories. I have to figure it out."

Kiki nodded. "There may be more to it. That's why I will talk to Jin." Her fox's ears lowered. "Just know that I might make things worse."

"Seriously!" Mono complained.

"He's not in a stable state."

"Just warn me."

"I'll try." She said casually.

"Hey!"

"I will. Good luck." A cold wind hit Mono as Kiki vanished.

                                                                                      ***

Kiki went into a bedroom slit in two. One side had a bed, desk, chair and one of those black flat things humans called a computer. While the other had clothes littered on the floor, piles of books on the desk and on the bed, the white hair Mono glared at Kiki.

"What do you want?" He barked.

"I wanted to show you something." She twirled. "What do you think"?

Jin sat up." Why is your fur white? Are all spirit fox's that big or is that an illusion?" He got closer and touched her fur. "It's cold, just like last time. Your beautiful, especially your eyes."

His touch was kind, but his voice held hostility and spite. Kiki Jumped back. Her body glowed white changed into a human shape.

"I didn't know you could make that face. Was it something I said?" He teased a grin.

"You caught me off guard," she said calmly. "Who knew you were so honest? Do you plan to hurt Mono?"

"Why would I hurt myself? That's stupid."

"Then what do you want to do?" she asked.

"That's none of your business."

Kiki scanned the room. Under Jin's bed a pair of yellow eyes. The creature went straight at her. Kiki shielded herself. When nothing happened, she turned. A look-alike of her smiled as it left the room.

She chased after it, but Conrad and Haku stood in her path.  Conrad's likeness seemed more real, but Haku form looked faded to the point of being a ghost.

"I had trouble remembering the other one. It was the best I could do."

"Why make copies of us?" she looked at Jin with narrowed eyes.

"I said I wouldn't hurt myself, but I never said, I wasn't going to hurt you."