To Bed

The smell of Lasagna filled the kitchen as the violin music played on the radio. Dave happily took a bit of his dinner.

"How is it?"

"It's great! How d'you make this without using the oven?"

"Raymond showed me a video about making caking in the microwave. I thought maybe I could do something with Lasagna."

"The things they come up with. Hey, you better start eating too or your food will get cold." He pointed to Mono's full plate.

"You're just a fast eater." He ate a small piece of his dinner.

                                                                                           ***

Dave pushed his plate to the side.

"Wants some cake?"

"No, thank you. You made so much I can't eat anymore." He stared at his son with haft opened eyes and sighed. "It's still bothering you isn't it?"

"Nothings bothering me."

"Mono, I know you. You're not the type to let things go." He bobbed his head up and down trying to keep himself awake.

"I'll take you to bed."

"I'm not done-" his eyes closed again.

Mono took his Dad to bed. "We'll talk about it tomorrow."

Sleep overcame Dave as soon as his head touched the pillow. Mono turned the violin music up sightly before leaving the room. In his own room, he grabbed his book bag, then closed the apartment door behind him.  

Author Note :

I'm going to end Moonstone Lake here for Now. That is until next year. I want to work on something else for a while. So I'm giving this story a break. If you have any questions for me leave me a comment or a message.