Friend

In Raymond's room, the two boys sat next to each other on the floor. Raymond gritted his teeth while staring furiously at the TV screen. His hands squeezing the game controller keeping his fighter alive. He let out a groan when Mono's fighter blasted Raymonds off-screen for the six-time.

"I give up! Can we stop?" Ray laid down in defeat.

"One more time."

Raymond shot up from the floor. "No way! Just tell me what happened already!"

"I shouldn't have said anything." Mono put the game controller down.

"That bad, huh?"

"Yoko, the lady I was seeing today. She and my mom were friends. He knew this whole time and kept it from me. I asked about her so many times but he never told me about her friends."

Raymond hands Mono a cookie. He eats it whole, chopping on it, then let out a breath. He does it a few more times. "Hey, what would you do if you met someone like that in real life."

Mono pointed to the character he was controlling. A sword welding haft dragon lady who was beating Raymond's boxer to the ground.

"Run. What else?"

"I thought so."

"Then why d'you ask? Anyway, if you still want to let off some steam. We're playing baseball in the big field tomorrow."

"I can't. I promised to hang out with Kiki."

"Then you both can-Oh!" Ray stood up.

"What?"

"Nothing! My mom just called me. I'll be right back." He ran out of the room before Mono could say anything.

He picks up the control and started the game again. Thinking of one more thing to do tomorrow. 

Author Note

Hello, everyone, I will be taking a break from this story until September 9. I want to take the time to work on other stories during until then.