Chapter IX

Faith's eyes fluttered open, momentarily blinded as they encountered a golden sunbeam shining directly through a small gap in the curtains warming her body. Shutting her eyes again, she lets out a moan as she stretches her long legs and buries herself further into the soft surface, loving the comforting, addictive scent it radiates. She feels light and free, and a small smile graces her lips as she realises how safe she feels. But then she starts to rise from her half-dazed state, and remembers that the window in her bedroom is west facing, meaning she is never awakened by the sun. Her eyes snap open and she pushes her body up, wondering with alarm where she is. She nearly jumps out of her skin when she sees William watching her lazily from an armchair across the room, an adoring look on his face.

Faith gasps as the memories from the previous night crash full force back into her memory, leaving her shocked, alarmed and embarrassed all at the same time. Remembering the way she actually asked William to sleep with her, and he fulfilled her wish in a heartbeat... a blush red enough to capture the envy of a rose sparked across her cheeks. Also, she realised shamefully that the delectable smell on the pillows must have been William. She was utterly embarrassed, and well aware that she looked like a zombie first thing in the morning. Thinking about the supernatural, an uneasy feeling possessed Faith as she thought back to William's speed and blackened eyes from the night before. Surely that couldn't have been real? Did she dream the whole thing?

"Morning Faith." William says, smiling softly at her.

"M-morning." Faith croaks, feeling slightly apprehensive around him.

"Are you hungry?" He asks.

"Erm... yes, yes quite hungry." Faith stammers, not knowing how to react.

"Ok, I'll go get you some marmite toast." Before Faith can stop him, William is out the door, leaving Faith to wonder how on earth he knows about her unhealthy obsession of marmite.

Taking advantage of a few minutes alone, she rushes out of bed, making sure to roll the sweat pants securely around her waist, and checks for a bathroom. The second door she opens turns out to be just that, and Faith is momentarily stunned by how lavish it is. Gleaming granite counter tops, walnut framed mirrors, a Jacuzzi tub, neatly arranged fluffy towels, and an earthy tile floor with under-floor heating astounded her, wondering if she'd just walked into a luxurious hotel. Then she caught a glimpse of her reflection in the mirror, causing her to gasp, horrified by the bird's nest that was her hair. Self-conscious at how terrible she looked with smudged makeup around her eyes and unflattering clothes, Faith's cheeks flamed again, a seemingly common appearance every time she was around William. Smoothing her hair down as much as she could, and using a flannel to remove most of last night's makeup, she felt slightly better about herself, but also embarrassed that a girl as plain as her was hanging around a God-like model.

William returned a couple of minutes later, not commenting on Faith's changed appearance, although secretly thinking she was as beautiful as ever. Faith wolfs the delicious toast down, with just the right ratio between butter and marmite, causing her to moan incrementally. Too hungry to care about William's studying eyes on her, she eats ravenously and then washes it all down with her beloved cup of green tea, which William apparently just so happened to know was her favourite. When she finishes, she wipes her mouth and sits expectantly for William to talk, take her home or do anything other then just sitting there staring at her.

"Thanks for the food." Faith mumbles, fiddling with the strings on William's sweatpants that she was wearing.

"My pleasure... erm Faith... do you remember much about last night?" He asks with a worried look on his face.

The thoughts Faith was so desperately trying to block out came back in full force, causing her to hold her breath and squeeze her eyes shut.

"I'm sorry Faith; I didn't want to upset you..." William starts, reaching a comforting hand out to squeeze her own.