Chapter XI

Emotionlessly Faith followed the silent guards, secretly wondering whether they were leading her to the executioner's room. But what could she do? She stupidly followed a stupid boy into a stupid dark tunnel, and now she was probably going to die. Faith felt she deserved a big sign pointing to her head reading 'STUPID' and all of its synonyms. William had left her on her own with two strange men probably craving her blood after dropping the bomb of the century on her. She felt as though her rose coloured glasses had been ripped off, and considering her life was no picnic before says a lot. Taking into account William's unnatural speed, she couldn't run from the guards, and anyway how on earth was she going to get out? She was quite literally buried under the surface, and with no windows to jump from or exit signs leading the way; she was stuck in the lion's den.

Suddenly the guards came to a halt, the bulkier of the two opening a door leading into a dark room. He switched the light on, revealing a spectacular room grand enough for the Queen of England to stay in. Wordlessly the other guard motioned for Faith to enter, which she did so timidly. It was larger then both Faith and Hope's bedroom's added together, with shining varnished floors and a golden chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The bed was the most ornate piece of furniture Faith had ever seen, leaving her thinking that it belonged in an art museum instead of hidden underground. The frame was golden with soft flowers carved into it, and the headrest was a light pink smooth satin. The bedsheets were perfectly arranged in a virgin white, along with four plump pillows to sleep on, and then four extra decorative flower-shaped ones in a delicate cream colour. A triple wardrobe in a dreamy white, decorated with gold edgings and paintings of two young lovers on the doors took up the entire left wall, and a vanity with the same designs as the wardrobe stood at the end of the room, a few makeup items in crystal bottles arranged on the top.

Faith jumped as the door banged shut behind her, and the unmistakeable sound of the lock turning met her ears.

Suddenly the room didn't seem as big, and she started shaking as the reality set in. She was a prisoner. The room may have been breathtakingly extravagant and beautiful but it was still a prison wrapped in pink lace. A couple of tears trickled down her cheeks as her felt more alone then she had ever been in her life. On shaky legs, she moved towards the bed, pleased as she sank into the luxurious sheets that they were as a soft as she had hoped. She spotted an en suite bathroom connected to the sidewall, hidden from her first view, but she didn't make an effort to explore, as she felt too melancholy. Bitterly she remembered she had two whole weeks to get acquainted with the place.

A few minutes later she remembered she still had her phone which was tucked into her bra (a bad habit she possessed), and wondered if she could get someone to save her... but as she plucked it out she started crying again as it was nearly out of charge and there was no signal. The whole situation was completely unacceptable to Faith, who was worried about her sister and her own safety. She was waiting to wake up at any moment, but the sinking feeling in her stomach confirmed that she was already very much awake and a prisoner for two whole weeks until some vampire messed around with her head. What on earth could she do? She wasn't in control of her carefully planned life any more! Throwing her phone into the opposing wall in a fit of anger, and then collapsing back onto the bed, with hot, angry tears trailing stubbornly down her cheeks, Faith knew she had to do something. She had to get out of here before they killed her.

But how?

Harshly rubbing her eyes to stop the pitiful tears, she then collapsed her head back onto the silky sheets, huffing slightly. As she opened her now blotchy red eyes, she noticed on the far bedside table a phone! She jumped up and gleefully crawled across to it, praying that it was connected to a line. William did say she could call her sister once a day! It was one of those antique dial phones, golden in colour and difficult to use. She picked up the receiver with shaky hands, and tried to work out how to use the dial correctly. After six infuriating tries, she managed to ring Hope's number, almost crying in relief when it went through and started ringing. She wasn't exactly sure what she was going to tell Hope, but she needed to hear her voice to make sure she was ok.