Chapter X

Immediately Faith breaks out into boisterous laughter. What the hell is William talking about? He must be joking, right? Vampires? The boy must be pulling my leg, or be plain crazy! Faith thought to herself. She flushes red and disguises her laugh as a cough when she notices William looking at her seriously though, his lips set into a grim line. Worry swirled within Faith as she wondered if William needed to be checked into the nearest asylum.

"W-what do you mean? That-that's impossible... you're a human, you must be." Faith stutters.

William lets out a harsh chuckle, guarded anger making his eyes three shades darker, glinting menacingly. Faith gulps, leaning back a little.

"Would a human be able to do this?" He scoffed, before speeding around the room faster then light.

Faith stopped breathing.

She jumped, letting out a petrified yelp as William stopped right in front of her, a firm hand planted on each arm of the chair she was sat on, towering above her. Faith shrinks back, feeling panic rise from deep within. Her breathing had rapidly increased, and her hands were tightly gripping strands of material from her jeans, trying to find someway to keep her grounded. She thought she might feint... might be sick... might have a heart attack. William no longer looked like William. Sharp fangs poked out over the top of his lips, his eyes two swirling hellish black doorways, and harsh veins were littered across his previously clear complexion.

"Would a human crave your warm, thick blood, and have fangs?" William presses on, his voice noticeably deeper and scratchier then before.

Faith had never felt so utterly terrified, so completely frozen in all her life. She couldn't deny it anymore... something odd was going on with this town, and the answer was they simply weren't people at all. They were bloodthirsty vampires. She realised she had unknowingly followed William into a vampire lair. How many of them were there? Did the government know of their existence? Was William going to kill and... eat her? He looked so angry, intimidatingly leaning over her in his most primal state, staring coldly. Faith felt as though she was looking into the depths of hell, and yet somehow she was remaining calm, something whispering to her in the back of her mind that he wouldn't hurt her. Could she trust that instinct? Would others find her and make her their next meal? What about her sister? Faith brought Hope to Blackstone for a fresh start, but now she may have led her to her death! Faith whimpered at the thought, making William's eyes widen and retreat from her almost immediately.

"You... you're a-a, vampire?" Faith mutters whilst trembling.

"Yes... You should have stayed away from me Faith. I'm going to ruin you."

"You're going to eat me?" Faith screeches, her heart pounding in her chest so hard she wouldn't be surprised if it ripped its way out.

"What? No Faith! We don't drink human blood. Only animal... it's against vampire law to hurt a human with no reason."

"So... you won't... drink from me?" Faith squeaks, the whole situation rather overwhelming, terrifying and uncomfortable.

"No Faith. I won't hurt you, and I will make sure you're safe. But my world is dangerous, and I can't pretend that there won't be those who try to hurt you."

"Who's going to hurt me?"

"No one if I have anything to do with it. It's just that we have a law, where if a human finds out about vampires... they have to be... disposed of." All words get stuck in Faith's throat. "But don't worry. I'll make sure you're safe. I have a plan." William tells the extremely petrified Faith.

"W-what is it?" Faith asked, on the verge of tears.

"I'm not going to hurt you. In two weeks' time, my mother is throwing her Annual Banquet Ball, and my cousin who is one of the Princes of the Italian Coven is attending. He has the power of memory manipulation and will take your memories of this away, so you can resume your life... without me. My world is simply too dangerous for someone as pure as you." William explained calmly, his humanity restored.

"Are you saying I have to stay here – wherever here is – for two weeks? What about my sister? And what if I don't want my mind fiddled with?" Faith snapped, feeling some courage return now that she knew William wouldn't hurt her... hopefully.

"I'm sorry angioletto. I can't let you go. I will make sure you're comfortable, and your sister has already been informed that you have had to go on an international work course for two weeks. You will be able to have regulated phone calls with her once a day. And trust me; you don't want to know about my world. Do you honestly think you could keep a secret as big as this? The only other option is to turn you into a vampire, and you will be thanking me for giving you another choice when you realise just how this happens. It is a messy and excruciating process."

"One, I don't appreciate you getting in contact with my little sister. Leave her out of this! And two, this is kidnapping. I can't stay here!" Faith yells, frustrated and standing up with a glare towards William.

She was sure it was only morning, and yet her world had been shaken and tipped upside down. She was absolutely mind blown. What else was out there that she had no idea about?

"I'm sorry Faith. In two weeks' time you won't remember any of this, and you'll be out of my life for good." William frowns, hating the dejected and afraid look in her beautiful chocolate sprinkled eyes.

"B-but... No..." Faith murmurs, crestfallen, feeling her eyes fill with tears.

"Guards, please take this lady to the prepared guest room. Do not talk to her, and don't even look at her. If one hair on her head is harmed, then you will both pay with your lives." William announces coldly as they enter through a golden door behind them.

Faith sucks in her bottom lip, wanting to cry, to scream, to fight, but knowing she was a mere human amongst immortals had her burying her head into her chest, numbly following the two armoured guards.

William hated himself in this moment, urgently wishing he could comfort Faith. But he couldn't get too close to her. He couldn't taint her even more with his darkness. She wasn't cut out for his world. She had already been harmed, and the only way he could truly protect her from his numerous enemies would be to steal her soul.

He wouldn't allow her into his world, for fear of damaging his beautiful little flower, even if she did make him feel like he was actually alive.

Hope you like this chapter, please support me if you did! xoxo

Edited