Chapter XXV

"Oi! Vampire Pet!" Scar growled as she ripped the covers off Faith.

"What?" Faith gasped as she bolted upright in bed.

"It's time for breakfast." She sneered.

Faith realised she must have drifted off some when during the early hours of the morning, and now she felt super dead and tired.

"C-can I use the bathroom quickly?" Faith questioned as she slipped out of the top bunk.

"Hurry up!" Scar growled, piercing Faith with her one muddy brown eye.

Faith hurried into the bathroom, just next to the desk in the stormy grey room, finding an adequate silver toilet and basin with cracked mirror. Her appearance made her gasp in shock, as she looked very dishevelled with clearly noticeable panda eyes and wild bird nest hair. Splashing cold water on her face to awaken her, then using some to pat her hair down, she finished her business then hurried outside to the impatient Scar who simply glared moodily at her, then literally pushed her out of the room. With a firm hand holding her shoulder in an iron grip to ensure she couldn't get away, Faith had to half jog to keep up with Scar's powerful strides. She knew when they were nearing the breakfast hall because of the loud echoes drifting through the walls.

She felt very out of place as Scar shoved her through the double doors, hundreds of eyes critically assessing her, making her blush. The old Faith, the version before she met William would have tried to hide, but now she stood defiantly, refusing to cower. Insults were hurled at her as Scar pushed her forward to the buffet breakfast tables, the most impertinent being vampire pet and whore. Faith tried to block it all out, but it was hard to when there was a whole room full of people laughing at her. She picked up one of the china plates with faded roses on them, something too sweet and innocent for such savages, and served herself a slice of bread, an emerald green apple and a fried egg. If she was stuck here, she was determined to make the most of the food, which actually looked rather nice.

"Hello darlin'." A man with a wolfish smile purred as he snuggled up to Faith, causing her to nearly drop her plate of food.

"Hello." She announced stiffly, moving away from the man who reeked of beer.

"What's wrong? I'm not a blood sucker so I'm good enough for ya?" He mocked, but Faith simply ignored him and escaped to the nearest table.

She fought the urge to shiver as she imagined his slimy hands all over her, making her feel physically sick and serving as a remembrance of Asher. It felt like a long time ago since Asher had attacked her, but she hadn't really been able to process it because of everything that had happened in between. The anger soared back into her as she remembered the way her so-called boyfriend dismissed her claims and treated her like a silly little girl. Sampson had signed his dismissal with his actions. Faith realised she would not be bothered if she never saw him again. She hadn't really needed to get over him to move on because there were never any real feelings to start with. He never made her heart race, cheeks red or smile blossom like William endlessly did. Sighing, Faith tried to stop thinking about William, and remind her heart that he possibly lied to her.

Still, it was hard to be mad at him when she was surrounded by evil. The hunters were openly bragging about how many vampires they had killed and how they wanted to destroy them all. They seemed to be more bloodthirsty then the actual vampires! She didn't feel like trusting them at all. Could Nancy have been lying to her about not hurting the vampires? By the way they were talking, she wouldn't be surprised if it was their intention to kill everybody. Faith felt sick with their graphic descriptions, and even though she was very hungry, she could not bring herself to eat much.

Deciding it was time for her to go back to her 'room' and try to get some more sleep, she stood up with the intention of finding Scar. But as she stood three men jumped up with her, caging her in.