Chapter XXVI

It had been a few hours since Faith had agreed to betray William. She felt like a terrible person. She had to do everything the Hunters told her too, or they would kill her, and Faith had promised Hope that she would never leave her alone. Nancy had given her the choice of when she wanted to go back to William, and Faith had responded as soon as possible. She wanted to see Hope... and make sure everyone was all right. Of course, it meant she would also have to lie for longer, but she had been practicing her poker face and hardening her rebelling heart. She only had to hold out for three days, which she thought was manageable.

Nancy gave her a special herb to drink, which was developed by witches, and placed a shield around her mind, not allowing it to be read by anyone. Obviously this was essential as William's brother John could easily realise she wasn't faithful to William and would know the whole plan. Nancy assured her that if she told anyone about the plan they would know and it would mean all of the vampires would be slaughtered. Faith couldn't cope with that on her conscience. She had no one to tell really anyway apart from William and Hope – who knew who the betrayers were? She was glad to be going home, even if it was with a heart full of lies. Two days with the hunters and she was sick of the place.

Faith had a relatively simple job – it was her responsibility to make sure that the Royal Families drinks were spiked. She would be singlehandedly taking the choice from their hands. Would they hate her? Thank her? In three days, she would find out. If she had a choice, Faith would not do it. Her hand was being forced by the possibility everyone would die if not. It was more likely that the Hunters would be slaughtered then their superhuman enemies, but no matter how wrong they were Faith didn't think they deserved to be massacred. Most of them looked brainwashed and as though someone had simply guided them down the wrong path in life. If they were killed there would be retaliations from the government as well, which would end up hurting the vampires whose homes would be destroyed. Turning them into humans was the lesser of the two evils.

When she was escorted from the Hunters headquarters, she was blindfolded so she couldn't tell anyone their location, and she could have sworn she heard some people actually cheer. She could have cheered herself. On the drive home, accompanied by an ever-disgruntled Scar, she let herself think about what could possibly happen if everything went smoothly and William didn't end up hating her. Could their futures be entwined? With red cheeks causing Scar to look at her as if she was a circus freak, she realised that if that was the case then she might be able to accept that she had strong feelings for him.

The ride was rather boring and quiet, and the windows were fully tinted black so she couldn't see where they were. Eventually they rolled to a stop, and Scar barked at Faith to get out. She was a little nervous about what she would find, but as she gently cracked open the door she was relieved to see she was at the top of the hill leading down to Blackstone. Scar roughly pushed her out of the car, reminded her to keep her mouth shut and then slammed the door shut, leaving Faith behind in the dust as the car sped off. Faith got off the tarmac, murmuring discontentedly at the cuts on her palms as a result of the belligerent treatment, and decided to start on the trip back to William's. Faith guessed she was to go to his house, somehow break in, go to the pantry and find the secret tunnel.

She was excited yet juxtaposingly nervous, wondering how he would react when he saw her. Would he care? Was he all right? She would simply die if he wasn't. She was halfway down the hill, shivering in the wind yet enjoying the feeling of it rippling through her hair, when two black four by fours started racing up the hill to greet her, scaring her slightly. She stopped walking, anxiously waiting to see whether they were coming for her, when they both skidded to a halt surrounding her. In no time at all one of the back doors were flung open, and William raced out using his super speed, hauling Faith into his arms and clinging on desperately. He was so quick she almost didn't know it was him, but she recognised his cologne and the firm arms around her, melting into his embrace.

"Are you ok Faith?" He asked desperately, pulling back and looking for injuries.

"I'm fine! Are you ok?" She replied frantically, the worry seeping back in at full force.

"Yes, I'm fine now you're back in my arms." He sighed, pulling her back in tight. "I was so worried." He mumbled into her neck, sending pleasurable tingles down her spine.

"I was so worried about you! When they forced me too leave..." William's arms tightened around Faith. "It killed me to see you like that." She eventually said, not sure how to voice her emotions.

"It killed me to be apart from you." William whispered earnestly, causing a smile Faith was unable to stop from blooming dancing upon her lips. "Come on, let's get you home." He sighed, picking Faith up into a bridal carry, causing her to blush.

"Have I ever told you how much I love your blush? Sweet as a rose." He chuckled, after the door was shut behind them, of course making her blush even harder much to his amusement.

William didn't let Faith off his lap the whole way home, simply holding her in his arms. He knew he could never let her go again.

Hi guys! Hope you enjoyed this update. Please vote if you did!

Also thank you for almost 600 reads! I value each and every one of you!

Maddie xoxo

Edited