Chapter XVII

"Faith wake up!" Someone shouted to her whilst she was deep in the depths of sleep.

Jolting awake, sleep still clawing at her brain to shut back down, she was alarmed to find William's brother John shaking her in a panic. Hope also awoke, falling off the bed in fright.

"Quickly! There is not much time! William has asked me to collect you both as there has been a breach - we are moving you to a safe location with my mother and sister's."

Faith tried to digest all that John was saying as he grabbed her wrist and started pulling her towards the door, grabbing her discarded dressing gown on the way.

"W-what? A breach? Hope hurry up! By who?" Faith stuttered, reaching behind to pull a dazed Hope along with her as they reached the elevator.

"I can't tell you right now, please hurry up, the alarms will go off in forty seconds and William instructed me to have you two locked up by the time that happens!" John insisted, pulling the girls along at a speed which barely allowed their feet to touch the ground.

"We were already locked up." Faith grumbled under her breath, but John didn't say anything in response as they took off again down some steps, which led to a dead in – or so the girls thought. John pushed a series of bricks in in the wall which released a keypad, and he quickly typed a password into it, which made the wall slide in to the left, revealing a luxury panic room. Inside there were two long leather sofas sitting opposite each other, with an oak coffee table in the middle of the two. A fully stocked bar was at the end of the room, and the entire front wall was a cinema scream of security cameras, probably stretching every inch of the fort. On the ceiling, there were aboriginal paintings, and golden candles were mounted to the walls casting a warm glow into the room. A soft push from John manoeuvred the girls into the room, before the wall slid back into place revealing an ornate mirror.

"Faith! Hope! Thank goodness you got here in time! Are you girls ok?" Florence fussed, checking them both over.

The Queen, Katherine, three unidentified females and two guards were also in the room. Florence introduced the ladies as her mother's best friend Celia, her daughter Viola and Katherine's friend Melody. Apparently, there were supposed to be more, but they did not get to the panic room in time. There was a simple bathroom and mini fridge at the back of the room, but still Faith was sure they couldn't survive for more then a day in there. Faith collapsed onto the sofa, tying her dressing gown securely around her waist and wondering what on earth had happened. One minute she was peacefully sleeping and the next she was running like a whirlwind to reach a panic room as they were under attack! Melody crinkled her nose up as she surveyed Faith, who was well aware that she looked like a train wreck, whilst Melody was perfectly done up and wearing a sophisticated cream cocktail dress with pearls sewn into it.

"Florence what on earth is going on?" Hope asked, looking on edge. "Has a rival gang attacked? Is that what's happened?"

"What are you going on about?" Katherine exhaled with her feet up on the table, rubbing her baby bump.

"Come on you can't hide it from me any longer! You must be part of a gang and this is your hide out, and now someone else is attacking as you went back on your deal or something!" Hope explained her reasoning in a frustrated manner.

"Wait she doesn't know?" Viola gasps, a beautiful girl with defined features, purple lipstick and hair, and peonies weaved into the strands. Faith instantly had a note of longing struck within her, not remembering the last time she was outside in the fresh air with the wind in her hair, able to pick flowers herself.

"Hope, we are under attack but not by a rival gang or anything like that - don't worry it will be fine. The guards will apprehend the intruders before they are able to do any real damage." Florence explained after shooting a glare to silence Viola.

"Ok." Hope sighed dejectedly, clearly tired of being lied to.

Everyone was on edge in the room, an eruption of tapping and clicking from various people's feet and nails. Faith murmured a quick hello to everyone, but no one really returned the favour, obviously too worried about whatever was going on. She wasn't going to admit it, but she was worried. Worried about William. What if he got hurt? Or worse? Faith certainly didn't want to think about that, her chest tightening as images of him bleeding out somewhere flittered across her mind. Although, he was a vampire – Faith was pretty sure they were more durable then humans. She also wondered who was attacking. Could it be other vampires? Human-blood drinking ones? Surely, they would be able to sense her and Hope's rich blood, and come straight for them. Faith's pulse pounded in her head, as she became more and more alarmed with the severity of the situation. Ever since she and Hope had entered into the room, the screen showing the security camera footage had been turned off, but Faith thought that maybe the guards were watching it from the computer they were sitting around at the bar. They certainly looked very tense.

Hope got up to grab a drink when one of the guards abruptly stood up and rushed to the Queen, furiously whispering something into her ear. Faith watched on as the Queen's eyes bulged, and a cold sweat formed on her forehead. She nodded to the anxious guard who then rushed towards the mirror, pushing a concealed button at the top, which cleared the mirror and allowed us to see the hallway outside. Faith swallowed – could whatever was outside see in too? Melody voiced the unspoken question, and one of the guards grunted a no in response.

Everyone gasped, unnerved in their seats as someone hurtled down the steps, mouth open in what could be guessed as a scream.

"What's happening? You have to tell me what's wrong! Why is that man screaming?" Hope demanded, looking close to tears.

"You want to know the truth Hope? We're vampires. All of us – well apart from your sister." Katherine spat, eyes sparking like a supernova.

"W-what? If you're going to continue lying to me at least try to make it believable." Hope snapped, as Faith jumped up to explain.

"Hope calm down... it's true. They are vampires. That's what I found out... why we are here." Faith revealed guiltily.

"Have you lost your mind? Vampires aren't real Faith!" Hope more or less screamed.

"That's what I thought to until William showed me his true form."

"True form? They have brain washed you Faith! Oh my... on my goodness! Faith! What's happened to Florence?" Hope screamed, clutching onto her sisters arm.

Turning around Faith's breath left her as she took in the site of Florence with her soulless black eyes, gleaming fangs and raised black veins.

"Do you still believe that vampires don't exist?" Vampire Florence growled out, her voice more gravelly then usual.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." Hope freaked out, looking horrified.

"Shh, it's ok, calm down." Faith tried to calm her, turning her away from everyone else and holding her close.

"I'm not ok Faith, nothing's ok! We are prisoners to... to... to vampires! How do they exist? What are they going to do to us?" Hope panicked, clutching onto her sister.

"Hope I pr-." Florence started before her mother cried out in shock.

Faith spun around, instantly wishing she hadn't, as a vampire deep in the cavern of blood-lust jumped onto the poor man now trying to kick the door disguised as a wall down, dragging him to the floor and out of sight of the mirror. Faith hid Hope from the violence outside, not allowing her to even peek. Her stomach threatened to empty when a hand reached up, clawing at the mirror, only to leave a trail of red in its pathway.

Edited