Chapter XXXII

"I'm just sad I have to forget and leave all this behind." Faith sighed guiltily.

Jane nodded sadly and spilled an apology - "I'm sorry too Faith... personally I think that..." However, Faith never got a chance to hear what she was going to say, as a maid knocked on the door and told them they had to get into position for the grand entrance. The interruption broke the connection they had, shattering Faith's insecurities. She really did want to tell Jane the truth, but she knew the situation was bigger then her and her relationships and feelings – it was about the vampire races survival! Jane would undoubtedly become angry and warn everyone, causing war and death. The government would have a reason to kill everyone, and Faith couldn't deal with that, because she loved them all like family. Even if they hated her, their survival would be better then death. Only a couple more hours and everything would be out in the open anyway.

"Are you ready to go?" She asked the queen in what she hoped to be an upbeat manner.

"Yes dear Faith, let's go meet the others." The Queen sighed pitifully.

They walked through the corridors arm in arm, until they came near the ballroom. Chatter was overlapping from the room and spilling out lazily into the hallways, reminding Faith that she was very much not alone. She did not have much practice walking in the five-inch Louboutin shoes Florence had picked out for her, so she tried to focus on walking other then the upcoming deceit. She met Hope waiting (im)patiently for them both, and was taken aback at how grown up and beautiful she was. She was no longer a child and that brought tears to Faith's eyes. The gown fitted her perfectly, emphasising her curves, and the salmon colour made her skin glow ethereally.

"Faith! Oh my you are just the picture of perfection!" Hope beamed excitedly.

"So are you! You look so gorgeous Hope; everyone's going to be staring at you!" Faith giggled as she hugged her sister.

"You both look delightful." The Queen emphasised, before ushering them along to the ballroom.

They headed up to a secret staircase, which would take them up to a room which lead out onto a balcony, displaying the King and Queen to the crowds and the most important, influential guests of the crown. Two golden staircases twirled out from the balcony, leading down to the main room. Faith had not seen the finalised decorations, but she knew it was of an otherworldly extravagance. As she reached the top of the stairs, they reached a room full of quiet chatter and twinkling lights. There were about twelve people inside overall, who snapped their heads towards them curiously, bowed in respect to the Queen and then carried on with their conversations. Katherine and Florence were sipping from flutes of wine whilst engaging in small talk with an old man who had a belly so large it was threatening to burst out from his waistcoat. The gold medallion as big as a plate hanging from his neck screamed wealth and power.

"Faith! Hope!" Florence squealed as she saw them.

Faith couldn't believe how stunning and regal the sister's looked in their extravagant ball gowns, Florence's being covered in light-reflecting sequins and Katherine's a stunning and flattering yet simple navy blue one. Their tiaras glowed in the soft candle light highlighting them as the Princesses they are. The other people in the room consisted of the King and Prince John, and members of the Kings trusted counsel and close friends. Hope started chatting to Keegan (Sir Hartley) and another young man, instantly adapting and fitting in whilst Faith again felt like she was somewhere she wasn't supposed to be. Which was true.

Then she heard a presence behind her and turned to see the guards allowing William through and into the VIP room. Faith's mouth ran dry as she took in his breath-taking form. His raven hair was slicked back handsomely, and he was wearing a tightfitting sleek black suit that sinfully clung to his muscles in a way that made Faith blush. He had obviously recently shaved as his skin was clear and smooth, giving him a boyish look, yet his thick lips and sharp jawline made him all man. In Faith's mind, it should have been a crime to look that good.