4

June 20th, 2005

120 miles south of Chicago, Illinois

3rd day of tour

The bonfire is beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen anything so beautiful in my life as I sit in the grass and watch it, leaning up against a tree while Gerard, Frank, Ray, and Bob sit closer with William Beckett and Gabe Saporta near them and Andy and Joe on the other side of the fire. It's cold out here at... what is it? 10 at night? Something like that.

Pete and Mikey left a while back and I'm not sure where they went, but something about how discreet they were about it tells me one of them is giving the other a blowjob. It wouldn't surprise me.

I don't know how long I'm sitting there, my back resting against the rough bark and my eyes shut in the peaceful night. The fire crackling, the gentle hum of people whispering, the chirping of crickets, the Milky Way above us, shining with hundreds of millions of stars.

It's beautiful and peaceful and it puts a warm feeling inside me that I can't describe in words...

"Hey," I hear a certain charcoal haired boy greet.

I open my eyes to see Gerard standing beside me, a small smile on his lips with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey," I reply with a smile of my own as I sit up and pat the grass beside me, signaling him to sit.

He complies, sinking to his knees and soon after sitting with his back against the tree.

"You looked lonely," he says softly, careful not to interrupt everyone else's conversation.

I shrug, "Not really, I mean, I'm sure Pete's having fun so it's not my business to interrupt him."

The singer chuckles softly, right from the back of his throat, "I didn't mean it like that."

I raise an eyebrow at him, "Does it look like I've had a girlfriend in the past three years?"

He smiles, "You're not bad. Don't put yourself down like that."

I pull my knees up to my chest, hugging them there loosely while I rest my head back on the base of the tree, a content sigh leaving my nostrils.

"Sorry, I'm just not exactly happy with... this at the moment." I reply, gesturing to my body.

Gerard swallows, his eyes looking me up and down and I can't help but blush and shift uncomfortable under his intense gaze. It kind of puts a weird feeling in my stomach but...

Jesus, I'm not gay, I swear. I'm straight. Straight as a pencil. I don't... I can't be gay or bi... right? This is just.... this will pass.

Holy smokes.

"I-I uh..." I blush.

Gerard smirks, "'m I making you uncomfortable?"

I blush a darker shade of red and I'm thankful that the bonfire isn't too bright because I don't know if this is hot or weird.

I don't answer as he takes my hand and helps me up.

"You wanna get out of here?" He asks softly, just softly enough for me to hear him but not enough for anyone else to know his intentions.

"G-Gee?"

"Shh," he presses his finger to my lips and pulls it away, "Is that a yes or a no?"

Is he actually inviting me to have sex? I...

Not gonna lie, this is actually really hot and I'm beginning to feel my jeans tighten.
"Uh... yeah, sure."