15

July 23rd, 2005

Chicago, Illinois

35th day of tour

Tweeter Center

"Hey, Chicago! How are we doing tonight?" I ask into the mic, an eruption of cheers quickly following, "Nice, we want to say a quick thanks to this city because," I turn to look at Pete, "This city means a lot to us."

"Thank you, Chicago!" Pete shouts into his microphone. I grin as the crowd cheers and he steps back for a moment, his pick in hand and a grin across his features.

"Our first song is called Chicago is So To Years Ago!" I announce and then, with one last cheer, we're off.

Joe, Pete, and Andy starting it off, with me coming in soon after.

"My heart is on my sleeve

Wear it like a bruise or black eye

My badge, my witness

That means I believed

Every single lie you said,"

Bridge, they quiet and I'm left singing out to the crowd until chorus where they become louder.

"But there's a light on in Chicago

And I know I should be home

All the colors of the street signs

They remind me of the pickup truck

Out in front of your neighbor's house!"

My eyes rise to see Gerard in the crowd, a smile across his lips.

"She took me down and said

'Boys like you are overrated. So save your breath'

Loaded words and loaded friends

Are loaded guns to our heads.

"Cause every pane of glass that your pebbles tap

Negates the pains I went through to avoid you

And every little tap on the shoulder for attention

Fails to mention I still hate you

"But there's a light on in Chicago

And I know I should be home

All the colors of the street signs

They remind me of the pickup truck

Out in front of your neighbor's house!"

I feel myself begin to dance to the beat, just a little. Enough to make Gerard laugh in the crowd, and a smile to start up on my face.

Pete begins playing louder and his lips move to his mic as he gets ready for backing vocals.

"You want apologies, girl you might hold your breath

Until your breathing stops forever, forever

The only thing you'll get

Is this curse on your lips

I hope they taste of me forever!"

"But there's a light on in Chicago

And I know I should be home

All the colors of the street signs

They remind me of the pickup truck

Out in front of your neighbor's house!" I sing.

"Every pane of glass!" Pete sings in the background then sings leads.

"With every breath I wish your body

Will be broken again, again.

With every breath I wish your body

Will be broken again, again!"

And with a few more vocals from me, the song is over, sweat clinging to my forehead as I grin at

the crowd. Gerard has his hands in his pockets and a smirk on his face as he bites his lip and winks at me, and just like, that he's leaving the crowd and I have to hide my new boner with my guitar.

"Okay guys, thanks for coming!" Pete announces, "That's all for tonight! I hope you had a good time at Warped and we'll see you soon!"

I smile at him before I'm waving to the crowd and heading backstage to case up my guitar, followed by Andy and Joe.

As soon as I've had water and cased my guitar, I leave the backstage with a quick goodbye only to find Gerard right outside the building. He's smoking a cigarette and leaning against the wall, waiting for me.

"Hey there," I say quietly, pulling him close and kissing his jaw softly.

"Hey there, Horny," he replies, his hand quickly finding it's way down my stomach to my quickly growing bulge.

"Shut up." I whisper, "Let's go."

He shakes his head with a sly grin, "Nope. We're exploring Chicago first. Then you can fuck me."

I glare at him, "You're evil."

He giggles and kisses me, "You love me."

Our grins immediately disappear as soon as it leaves his mouth and his arms disappear from my shoulders, regret and realization sinking in, "I didn't- I don't-"

I nod, blush softly because I do. But he can't know that. And we've both agreed we're just friends.

"It's okay," I reply softly, "L-Let's just go... okay...?