6

June 27th, 2005

16 miles east of Las Cruces, New Mexico

10th day of tour

It's raining. The drops are pouring down fast and hard. The buses have stopped for a while because we've traveled eight hours today and the drivers need rest. So, now we're all kind of hanging out in our bus, Mikey came over from his bus and is now sitting in Pete's lap awkwardly. I can tell he hated PDA, and he's only tolerating it because Pete probably made a bargain with him for tonight.

I'm laying in my bed, my earbuds in and my eyes shut because I barely got any sleep the night before. In all honesty, I'm getting stressed about Gerard. I want to see him again but he hasn't tried to contact me at all. I don't want to lose him. I just don't know how to talk to him. I don't want to seem clingy I guess.

There's a knock at the door and my head perks up.

Joe opens the door to reveal a very wet Gerard standing there, his hair a tangled mess and he's shivering but he still has a grin on his features.

I slip out of my bunk and go to the door with a smile on my lips, "Hey, Gee. You wanna come in?"

He shakes his head, "N-no, g-get y-y-your coat o-on w-we're g-going o-outside."

My eyes widen, "in this weather?"

"Y-yes! C-C'mon!"

I open my mouth to protest, but think better of it and instead snatch my jacket from the bunk and leave the bus, shutting the door behind myself with Joe letting out a, "use protection!"

Before I can do anything, Gerard has me pinned up against the bus with his lips attacking mine and his fingers weaving between the space of mine.

"I-" kiss, "-missed-" kiss, "-you."

I giggle into his lips, turning us around so I'm the one pinning him to the bus and he's moaning out as my lips trace down his jaw to his neck and chest.

"Missed you, too."

He pulls my hips against his, "I wanna fuck later. Not now, but later."

I smile, "Straight to the point, huh?"

He kisses my lips again, "Mhmm, I liked last time."

I bite his bottom lip and tug on it for a moment before it returns back in place.

"C'mon." He smiles as he pulls me away.

"It's raining, though," I exclaim.

"Exactly!" Gerard yells.

I laugh as he pulls me along, past all the buses, out, far away through the smooth landscape where we pass the occasional tree or patch of grass. I don't know how long we're running through the rain, his hand in mine, his laughs and my grins. I don't know how long I'm lost in this with the rain pouring down my back and the occasional flash of lightning in the distance but it's long enough for the buses to become the size of small picture frames in the distance.

Gerard's pulling his hair from his face and slowing down with a grin on his lips and his dark brown eyes shut.

"Why are we out here?" I ask him, he doesn't reply at first, only throws his coat off know the wet dirt and runs his fingers through his long dark locks.

"I love the rain." He replies, "The feeling of it. The sound. The thought of it." He nears me, placing his hands in mine and pushing my dark blonde hair from my eyes before pulling off my cap.

"Okay then," I reply.

"Don't you?" He asks.

If Gerard likes it, then yeah. Sure. I like it too. I'm not sure why it takes his opinion to make up my mind, though.

"Sure," I laugh with a shrug.

He unzips my hoodie, letting it fall from my shoulders and watching my cheeks turn a dark red in the fading sunlight.

He steps away, blushing slightly himself, "Sorry."

"'T's okay." I mumble.

He looks back up at me and it's silent besides the rain splattering the ground and our unsteady breaths.

"What are we?" He asks softly, his head tilted and his hands in his jean pockets

"Friends with benefits." I reply truthfully.

He nods, "So like... are you okay with me kissing you...? Like... not sexually?"

I nod softly because I love it when he kisses me. Although, I think those are just the forbidden emotions coming out.

"Okay." He blushes slightly before pulling me along to a lonely tree and sitting down, pulling me down beside him with the rain still pouring down on us and the setting sun in the distance.

And it's peaceful.
I love it.