14

July 16th, 2005

Salt Lake City, Utah

28th day of tour

The rain is pouring almost as hard here as it was in Seattle. The ground is wet through the city as Gerard seizes my hand and we run through the wet streets. Trees are decorated with glowing white lights. Shops are adorned with bright lights. Lampposts are flickering by the sidewalk. It's... peaceful.

Gerard keeps running, grinning, and dancing through the rain and I can't help but giggle at how childish he looks. He just looks... happy... and that makes me happy.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"I don't know where we're going. Does it matter?"

I smile and stop him, pulling him close to kiss him gently and feel him begin to kiss back, a smile on his lips.

"Your lips taste good," he mumbles softly as he kisses me deeper and pulls me closer.

"Yours taste like cigarette smoke." I giggle.

"Sorry," he whispers pulling back with a small blush.

I only pull him against my lips again, "I like it."

He giggles softly as he kisses me again, licking my bottom lip for entrance which I immediately grant. Our tongues fight for dominance but he lets me win, knowing how much I like to top and the next thing I know, I'm pinning him against an alleyway wall with my fingers running through his wet hair and my crotch grinding up against his.

"Mmm, stop." He whimpers, I immediately comply, not wanting to cross his boundaries, "I can't go far."

I nod, pressing my forehead to his and shutting my eyes, my hands on his hips and his wrapped around my neck.

"What are we, Patrick?" He asks softly as he brushes my sideburns farther to the side.

"Friends." I reply, a truth, but also a lie...

"Like... best friends?" He asks quietly.

"Your brother kinda stole my last best friend so..." I smile, "yeah. Sure."

He grins and kisses me again, sending butterflies through my stomach that shouldn't be there.

"It's pretty here." He says, pulling away from me, "The rain, the city lights..."

"You'd love Chicago." I say, "It's rains at least once a week, the city lights are always bright, there are lampposts and shops and trees and it's always lit up at night."

Gerard laces his fingers in mine, "Maybe we could go there someday."

He gazes down at my fingers, "It would be fun."

"I love it there," I reply, placing a chaste kiss to his forehead, "I was raised there." Kiss, "And it's beautiful," Kiss, "And when tour gets there," Kiss, "I'll show you around."

"What day is it?" Gerard asks.

"The sixteenth, why?" I ask.

He smiles, "We'll be there in seven days. I'll be done with abstinence, too. Would you like that?" He lowers his mouth to my ear, "Would you like me to fuck you there? Eat you out maybe?"

"Uh, uh." I tsk, "I'll be the one with my dick up your ass."

He grins, "Mmm... sounds nice. Seven more days, Baby."

"Seven more days."