Chapter 17: Despair

Regret.

I Regret coming here.

Everything seemed so easy till now. I became too overconfident.

Now everything's over due to my ignorance. The Promise I made to myself, it's over. OVER.

*drip*

(Author: the sound of his tear flowing I guess. If someone has a better sound effect suggestion then please tell me in the comment section)

My brother would be waiting for me, there is also Curamare. We were supposed to fight demons. It's all over now.

*drip*

All the journeys that I planned. All the adventures which I wanted to do. Having many companions. Visiting different worlds.

*drip* *drip*

What about my Mom and Dad, how sad would they be when they would see that I would not be present when they come back?

*drip* *drip*

Would they even care? After all, I am a reincarnated individual and I told them each and everything about me.

Despair struck Seven. He continually kept questioning himself.

*drip* *drip* *drip*

Was that a good decision?

Should I have just acted the way a normal kid was supposed to behave?

I could have just said that I have a special skill which can recover someone back in their prime.

By telling them, that I am a reincarnated individual, did I weaken the relationship between us,

The relationship between my family and me?

He was falling more and more in despair.

My family? When did it become mine?

I don't care about them!!!

My mom and dad in the previous life was my family.

I was a freeloader, someone who took the place of someone else.

I was not meant to exist here!!

My whole existence was FAKE.....

"SEVEN CALM DOWN!!!", a lady's shout was heard by Seven. This voice instantly calmed him down.

Seven can see his mother in front of him. She had a frown on her beautiful face. She looked very angry, but a gentleness could be seen in her eyes. Her body looked incorporeal.

"You kept imagining silly things. I thought you would be able to find a way to get yourself out of it, but you kept falling deeper and deeper in despair.", said Alicia with an angry look on her face but gentleness in her eyes.

"I... I... I-", Seven tried to answer her mother, but was interrupted by her.

"Seven, You told us that you are a reincarnated person. You trusted us. You told us everything about yourself. But my dear, your father and I also love you, we also trust you. I have lived long enough and I know that people assume things very fast.

Rather than seeking answers, rather than asking the other person and sorting things out, we assume things ourselves. I know it's tough asking for forgiveness. I know it's tough sorting things out. I know its easy to leave things be and continue living on.

But when you sort things out and choose to fight, against your fear. Rather than leaving things be, and if you forgive other's mistake you will feel a sense of accomplishment. A feeling unique to those who had done this.

Why should you ask for forgiveness, because you CARE.

Son when we mistakenly tackle someone when we are walking, we forget it in a while. WHY? Because this time we really DO NOT CARE.

If you keep saying that you DO NOT CARE about him/her, that means you DO CARE. Else why do you keep reminding yourself?", said Alicia in a lecturing and gentle tone to her son, Seven.

Seven kept nodded time to time, while listening to his mother.

"Dear, we love you, and we would always love you. We believe you. We trust you. Keep going forward and open your eyes.", as Alicia said this, her incorporeal body starts disappearing and then completely disappeared. She disappeared with a beautiful smile on her face.

For Seven, this was the most beautiful moment in his life till now.

'Mom told to open my eyes. Why?', thought Seven to himself.

Now I understand. I am stuck in an illusion.

Seven closed his eyes, he started thinking about his previous life parents, the love they gave him. He saw his mother and father faces smiling at him. He saw his brother and Curamare, together waiting for him. Seeing all this Seven got a bright smile on his face.

When Seven opened his eyes, he saw everything red, the sky being red, the land being red. There was no traces of cloud or any stars.

He consecutively heard many messages from the system.

[Host's consciousness sends to 2nd Terrace of Purgatory: The Envious]

[Host has been attacked using Never Ending Despair Illusion (God)]

[System tries to redo Never Ending Despair Illusion (God)

1%...8%.....19%... ZZZZZZ

System being forcefully stopped]

[Host broke the Never Ending Despair Illusion (God)]

[Host, the system is forcefully being held and therefore cannot help you.

Host would have to win this battle with himself.

Host Do Your Best]

Seven now truly understood how strong is Leviathan, to be able to forcefully prevent Monster Emperor System from helping him.

"hehehehehe, Seven Alaria or should I say Seven Brown, welcome to purgatory, hehehehehe."

Seven heard an annoying laughter and then someone say his original name.

Seven turned towards the voice of the sound and saw a white mask with an envious expression on its face.

( Author: something like this, https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-the-japanese-mask-hannya-sybolising-envy-and-hatred-is-presented-during-55689670.html)

"hehehehehe, I am envious of your Lower Flame Drake, I want it. hehehehehe"

[Lower Flame Drake has been transferred to Leviathan]

"I am envious of all the cards you have. I want all of them. hehehehehe"

[All the Upgrade Card, Evolution Card, Re: Durability Card, Ore Production Card I have been transferred to Leviathan]

"STOP, STOP listening to him, prevent him doing this", Seven yelled at the System and ordered him.

[Responding to host's request]

[Transferring back a... ZZZZZ prevented to take any action.]

"hehehehehe, I am envious of your Monster Emperor System. hehehehehe I want it. hehehehehe I want it. hehehehehe"

[Host transferring procedure initiated.

1%..... 18%.... 34%]

"STOP THIS NOW", yelled Seven. All his yell fell on deaf ears. He tried everything but nothing happened.

Seven truly understood what a terrifying existence someone at the pinnacle of the universe is.

[49%.... 88%.... 100%

Host transferring procedure finished.

New Host Leviathan.]