Chapter 27: A Place to call HOME (part 1)

Inside a vast hall covered with simple yet beautiful decorations, a 24-25 year old, 1.6 meters tall devil can be seen standing straight. He is surrounded by all the family elders, who is sitting on their own respective positions. Everyone of the family elders has their own caretakers.

At the highest position an old man who looks frail can be seen. He is looking at the young boy with care and love in his eyes.

"Theo, we got information from our sentries situated at our southern turf that an entire village has been slaughtered.", an emotionless voice could be heard, "You should go there to check what caused this.", Theodore said in an ordering tone.

"Yes, brother", answered Theo in a low, angry voice. Theo felt rage and sadness hearing this news.

"Take two of my followers.", a weak voice could be heard, it sounded much like whispers.

Theo's father, Thale, decided to send two of his most trusted, peak Master ranked guards to protect him. As he loves his son, and he knows that if someone can slaughter an entire village, he is even worse than a monster.

The family discussion ended after few more trivial points were put forth, but not as important as someone slaughtering an entire village.

Well, Theo is a peak Master ranked entity, but except training. He indeed has completed few some small missions, but he was always led by one of his family members.

Two Cambions, half-human and half-devil stood still. Both of them are slightly longer than normal Devils and are twins. Each of them stood 1.8 meters tall, with light red colored lean bodies, having extremely compressed muscles, showing them off with half naked body only wearing black shorts.

Cambions are the offspring of a devil and a human.

These two Cambions are one the most loyal followers of Thale. Both of them have been with Thale for 62 years. They are outcasts from their family. The mother of both was killed by her own family because she ran away and choose to stay together with a demon.

Both the Cambions were 3 years old when their mother was murdered. Luckily they met Thale and were adopted by him before they were starved to death. Since then, they have been serving Thale to the best of their abilities.

Both of them are 5 star Master ranked individuals. With Theo, being pinnacle Master ranked, there is barely anyone who can pose a problem to them.

Theo bids farewell to all his family members. They all rode a flying beast and reached the southern turf.

The Captain of the southern turf's headquarters was waiting for him. A 5 star Master ranked individual, 3 meter tall, burly Minotaur, proudly showing off his muscles, on his back a giant 3 meter tall ax was present. A bloody aura can be felt coming out of his body, as he has been on battlefield for quite some years, slaughtering all the enemies.

They did basic greeting to each other and without showing any boot-licking behavior all of them left to do some investigation of the slaughtered village.

All of them arrived in the slaughtered village after about 20 minutes of riding on the flying beast. This village is located at a remote location. A gloomy aura could be felt just as they arrived near the village.

Just as Theo and others entered the village a mournful aura overshadowed all the feelings. All the corpses have already been removed by the local army, but still blood stains could be seen everywhere. An entire massacre happened here.

Suddenly someone's disturbing laughter, noise was heard. Everyone felt awful, just by hearing this. A grotesques person came out from inside the townhall of the village.

He looks ugly, disgustingly ugly. He only has one eye, his other eye is disgustingly empty, only an empty socket can be seen at the place the eye should be present, a never ending darkness could be seen from that socket. Except his eyes the remaining part of his face has been loosely bandaged and blood stains can be seen on those bandages.

When the Caption saw him, he instantly froze. He is the One Eyed Void, an infamous hitman. He looks weak and frail but he is monstrously powerful. He is 1 star Grandmaster but he has killed peak Grandmaster ranked individuals.

He treats others as insects, he has slaughtered hundreds of thousands of innocents and fed them to his opian, his companion, Soul Devouring Beast. He became lucky to have such a rare beast as first opian.

Soul Devouring Beast grants its owner, any type of strength in exchange of soul of a person. The stronger the individual, the stronger the soul, the better the strength provided. Fortunately, this Soul Devouring Beast of his is unique, but not overpowering. The owner cannot determine the type of strength, you will receive, therefore it works as a double edged sword as once you may get more flexibility, but the next time if you will receive more toughness, then this would cause few problems as both of them cannot work simultaneously.

But still One Eyed Void has murdered hundreds of thousands of individuals and fed them using his first opian to the best of his abilities. Due to these reasons One Eyed Void is monstrously powerful, and the rare power of space which caused him to develop his void slash have made him one of the best frontal assassins, as it breaks through space and cuts from any random position.

He is the best choice in the market as a hired hitman, but now a question arises who hired him?

The person who hired him is incredibly powerful, else they would not have had the resources to call One Eyed Void.

Both the Cambians moved together to attack him, but before they can even move one step ahead, a breeze was felt by everyone.

*THUD*

The head of both the Cambians fell on the ground. Theo felt fear now, true fear.