Chapter 20: Carias Stronghold

Seven woke up with soreness and pain in every part of his body. Especially his thighs.

This is what happens when you act smart and do exercise whole day, excessively.

"Wake up smart**s. We reached our destination. We have to use the teleportation gate from here.", said Joseph as he directly barged inside Seven's room.

Hearing his brother's comment irritated him, but he got up, just as being told. When Seven put his leg on the floor to stand, his leg went soft, he toppled on the floor, face down. His leg was still sore and pained quite a lot.

Seven looked towards his brother with puppy eyes, which seems to say, 'We are brothers, help me get up!'. Seven was still 5 years old now, with his puffy cheeks, he looked incredibly delicio(oops)... cute. These eyes of his which seems to be dazzled with stardust. He has used this look hundreds of times to get things done, when he was staying in Alaria Empire. He was completely sure that his looks can even melt a demon's heart.

But was completely and utterly ignored by Joseph.

This literally destroyed Seven. How can he be so heartless.

Joseph seemingly uncaring of his looks, slightly smiled and went out ahead.

Curamare came to pick him up, but was blatantly refused by Seven

No way in hell I am going to be carried by a brutish giant. Seven respected Curamare's care, but he had his own 'pride'.

He dragged his worn out body outside the carriage. What he saw outside completely stunned him.

Thousands of soldiers aligned in a straight line, both horizontally and vertically, standing like a statue unmoving. They gave a dominant pressure. Each soldier wearing whole body, gray colored armor. Covered with metals from head to toe. But strangely not a single sound of metal clanking could be heard.

In front of him was four buildings. Each of them unique in their own aspect. This place is the centralized military base. Each of the four buildings represents one of the 13 General of the Army. Therefore, this place alone has 4 General of the Army.

"Sire, please follow me. The teleportation gate is inside.", said Ran Elixia as he showed the direction to Joseph. For Ran, a five year old Seven was a non-existent existence. He only respected Joseph.

Unknown to Seven, the amount of 'respect' Ran had for him. He was only barely able to walk. But he did not wish to be carried like a child so he finally decided to sit on Curamare's shoulder. According to him, this made him look 'cool'.

The teleportation gate was located at the center of the four buildings. Looking elliptical, it was made up of Void Stones, therefore it was pitch black in color. This teleportation gate has been just as same as of the gate which was present in the city lord's building, except it was bigger. A few times bigger.

Joseph, Seven and Curamare with Ran following they entered the teleportation gate. No twisting sensation was felt. As expected of a high leveled teleportation gate.

After a few seconds they arrived at their destination.

Just as they arrived, they were kindly greeted by a middle aged man, "What the hell are these 'pretty boys' doing here?"

The middle aged man regretted his decision when Curamare released his aura. Everyone in the hall was startled by how brutal and 'monstrous' this aura felt.

And by the way Curamare has learnt how to control his aura. Now he can hide and release his aura at will.

Many took out their weapons, many ran towards the gate as fast as they could. Some weak willed pissed their pants. And the few who had non-existent will, shitted their pant.

Well, this commotion was expected as being a Grandmaster Ranked individual makes you a General of the Army. And to suddenly feel such a monstrously strong aura of a Grandmaster Ranked, a ruckus was expected.

After a while the commotion calmed down when they realized that other than realizing the aura, the other party was just standing still.

Everything went silent, pin drop silent. Ran came forth and explained to everyone that the 'pretty boy' is an Independent General of the Army. And he will take over this place till further notice from the Palace.

Another commotion broke out. But this time people were cheering, well cheering would be an understatement, calling it 'madly yelling' would be a good choice of words.

All these times, these people were living in fear. As they had no Grandmaster Ranked Individual with them. No General of the Army wished to come here, as none of them wanted to sacrifice their upper level lifestyle. Therefore they always lived in the fear that they might be attacked by a Grandmaster Ranked Demon.

But now a General of the Army is with them, it is a really big occasion.

Hearing the 'mad yells' (cheering) of people, more and more people came to observe the occasion, as everyone remained tensed due to the lack of a Grandmaster Ranked Individual protecting them, therefore this 'mad yells' (cheering) got their attention.

An Elite group of soldiers came. Just as people watched them coming the crowd give them the way to pass. The ones leading the Elite group of soldiers are the four Generals. Each of these Generals were born a commoner. Each of them is at the pinnacle of Master Realm. With their strength combined they could even battle a 4 Star Grandmaster on equal footing. But due to the fear of attack, none of the Generals were able to go out to hunt, to increase their strength.

These four Generals came and stood in front of Joseph, each of them took out their helmets and bowed towards Joseph,"We greet lord and welcomes him in Carias Stronghold"