Chapter Five

So God created mankind in his own image... (Gen. 1:27)

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading my story. It's my dream to be an influencer and would mean the absolute world to me if you guys would follow me on TikTok @ _jazzedup_ ❤️ enjoy the story!

***

As the days go on, things get worse.

He not only sends me inappropriate letters but he has began to send me gifts.

Some are nice but others are. . .

Naughty.

The first time I received the. . . Naughy gift, I was so embarrassed. I didn't know where to hide it so I just threw it my suitcase.

My suitcase is now completely full of the naughty gifts.

I haven't told Janice about the letters and gifts. She would freak out and I don't want her to worry any more than she already has.

"Noviaki! Come here!" I hear Janice yell from the other room.

I go see what she wants.

"What's up?" I ask, taking a seat on her couch.

"Our fun! Tonight. You and I are going to another party." She declares with a giant smile.

"No," I say without a second thought.

"No? But didn't you have fun last time?" She asks me with a frown.

"I can admit that the last party was pretty nice, but you know what happened last time." I remind her.

"Well, this time we'll leave together." She says.

"So he can get us both this time? No way. I'm not putting you in any more danger." I finalize.

"Novi. You have been so stressed lately. On the edge. Paranoid. You need to have a little fun. Are you really gonna let this man control everything you do? You don't even know his name." She finishes with a grunt.

I think about what she said and realize she's right.

I stand up, "You know what? You're right! Let's go!" I say with a smile.

I remember something, "Wait!" I say quickly.

She stops moving, "What?" She asks.

"I have church in the morning." I remind her.

She groans, "Come on. You don't think Jesus had a little fun before Sunday?" She asks me.

"No. No, I don't." I cross my arms.

"Whatever. You'll be fine. Now come on, we need to get dressed." She grabs my arm and pulls me to the rooms.

***

"You have to have something cute to wear!" Janice stresses.

"Aw man. You know what? I think I left all my party clothes at my old apartment. Darn." I snap my fingers.

She gasps, "You left it there on purpose!" She accuses me.

I gasp right back, "Now why would I do that?" I ask sarcastically.

"Because you suck." She tells me.

I laugh.

She looks around my room.

I sit on my phone ignoring her.

"Well, maybe you have something in your suitcase." She says.

It takes a few seconds before what she says sinks in.

I jump up, "No! Don't check the suitcase." I tell running over to her.
But it's too late. She had already opened it and had a look of shock on her face.

I quickly close the suitcase.

I look at her face which is holding a smirk. "Don't say anything." I point my finger at her.

"Well, well, well. Little innocent Christian church girl Zinovia has a suitcase full of lingerie." Janice points out the obvious, the smirk still on her face.

"Shut up. It's not mine." I tell her.

She snatches one of the pieces of underwear from the suitcase and checks the size. "Really? Because it's in your size." She looks up at me.

I try to decide whether or not to tell her the truth and freak her out or just lie and say it's mine. I sigh, "Fine. You caught me." I say with a forced smile.

"I knew it! I knew you were a little freak on the inside." She laughs.

I glare at her but don't say anything.

"Well, you have to wear it tonight!" She states.

I snap my head to her, "What?! No!" I yell.

She scoffs, "Well then what did you buy it for?" She throws her arms up.

"To look at it?" I answer pathetically.

"Well, you're wearing it tonight." She says in a final tone. I sigh knowing that there was no way out of this one.

She picks out the most provocative and unholy piece of lingerie out of the entire stack. I sigh again.

"Fine, I'll wear it. But I'm not showing you." I point my finger at her.

She smacks her teeth then groans, "Fine, as long as you wear it." She says.

I take to lingerie and go to the bathroom.

I put on the devil's clothing and look in the mirror.

I'm not even gonna lie, I looked sexy.

You know God is looking at you. My conscience tells me.

I sigh and put my robe over myself.

"Here. I found something for you." Janice smiles. She hands me a cute little gold dress.

I throw it on quickly.

"Okay let's go," I say, grabbing some flats and stuffing my clutch with some essentials

Janice grabs her things and we head out the door.