Chapter Twenty

'20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.' (Ephesians 3:20-21)

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading my story. It's my dream to be an influencer and would mean the absolute world to me if you guys would follow me on TikTok @ _jazzedup_ ❤️ enjoy the story!

***

"God is able to do, just what he said he would do. He's gonna fulfill every promise to you. Don't give up on God, cause he won't give up on you. He's able. Oh-" I quietly sing my favorite song in the backseat of Janice's car.

She cuts off my singing, "Noviaki, please stop singing that crap, you're giving me a headache." She complains as she looks at me in the mirror.

I give her the dirtiest look, "Shut up. The Lord's music is not crap. You are." I sneer.

She chuckles, "You don't mean that. We're best friends, remember?" She tries to convince.

"Correction, we were best friends, before I found out you were a lying, selfish, psychotic murderer who has an unhealthy obsession with someone who only sees them as a sister," I say.

All the humor gradually left her face as I go on with what I was saying.

"You're a backstabbing sociopath tha-" She slams on the before I can finish my sentence.

My face bangs on the back of the seat, I quietly groan and lean back.

She turns around and glares at me, " Shut your mouth or I promise you'll regret it." She threatens. She turns around and continues to drive.

I wipe my face and feel something wet. I look down at my hand and see blood.

I look in the mirror and see my lip bleeding

Great.

I pull up my sleeve and hold it my lip, wiping the blood.

She was definitely listening to the story of me in Vlasto's car. She had the backseat on child lock, there was absolutely no way I'd be able to jump out of her car.

The rest of the ride is dead silent.

Kidnapped twice in less than a year. Why am I so lucky?

At this point, many people would lose all their faith in God but not me. I continue to keep a death grip on my faith. It seems as though that's all I have left.

I know you will deliver me, Lord.

I close my eyes and think about Vlasto, my father, and my brother.

***

Janice pulls up to a gigantic house I've never seen before.

"This is where I've actually been living, not that apartment that you've seen a thousand times." She informs me.

You've got to be kidding me. I truly know nothing about this girl.

She opens the door for me to get out. I follow her into the house.

My mouth drops open when I see the interior, but I close it when I remember who I'm with.

She leads me to a room, she opens a door revealing a nice sized bedroom.

"This is where you'll be staying." She informs me, "Do you like it?" She asks.

I shrug remaining silent.

She chuckles, "Just make yourself comfortable." She says.

"This feels a little too familiar for comfort," I say annoyed.