Chapter Eighteen

(The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.)- Proverbs 14:1

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading my story. It's my dream to be an influencer and would mean the absolute world to me if you guys would follow me on TikTok @ _jazzedup_ ❤️ enjoy the story!

***

I pace back in forth anxiously waiting for the doorbell to ring.

Vlasto sits on the couch watching me carefully. "Angel, do you maybe want to calm down?" He asks me.

I look at him and see his highly concerned face. I sigh in guilt, "I'm sorry for worrying you. I haven't seen my father or brother in over 3 years. I'm just. . ." I can't find the word to say.

"Nervous. You're nervous. Which makes sense, but you shouldn't be stressing yourself out like this. So come have a seat and relax." He tells me. He grabs my arm and guides me to the couch and gently sits me down.

I take a deep breath and relax, closing my eyes in the process. Three seconds later the doorbell rings. I immediately jump up and start hyperventilating. "Oh my God. They're here. Jesus, make them go away for another ten minutes please!" I quickly pray.

Vlasto shakes his head and chuckles. He goes to the front door leaving me behind. I stand in the living room not moving a muscle.

I hear him talking and when I hear my father's deep laugh I suck in a breath. I begin to get a little emotional but I hold it together.

I watch Vlasto walk back into the room. I see my father and brother following behind. I close my eyes.

All the shuffling and footsteps stop and the room becomes very quiet. "Zinovia." I hear my father say my name for the first time in 3 years.

I open my eyes and see his face, he looks. . . older. He looks scared but ready for anything.

I walk up to him until I'm a foot away from him. My face emotionless.

Vlasto and Esinam watch nervously.

I grab father and pull him into a tight loving hug. I bury my face into his chest and let myself go. I cry as my father holds me tightly. I pull away for a second and grab Esinam and pull him into the hug.

We all hug for a few minutes. I pull away and wipe my tears.

"Sweetheart, I've missed you so much." My father says looking down at me lovingly.

I smile, "I've missed you too, daddy." I admit.

"What about me?" Esinam asks looking a little hurt.

I chuckle and walk up to him giving him a short hug, "I've missed you too, dork." I tell him.

He chuckles and ruffles my hair earning a deadly glare from me.

I look up to see Vlasto standing a little ways away smiling at us. I smile at him.

"Why don't I get you guys settled in your rooms?" I suggest.

They nod. I lead them up the stairs and lead them to the guest rooms. Once I tell them where the bathroom and toiletries are I leave them.

I walk back down the stairs to find Vlasto. I find him in the kitchen fixing dinner. I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his waist. He jumps a little and relaxes when he sees me.  I giggle to myself.

"I see you and your family are getting along well. I hate to say 'I told you so'-" I cut him off.

"Then don't, unless you want to die," I warn him.