Chapter Fourteen

For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7)

***

I open my eyes and hiss at the white walls burning my eyes.

Am I in a hospital?

I look down to see IV's in my arm, confirming my thoughts.

What happened?

Thoughts of last night invade my head and I sigh in sadness remembering what happened.

Oh, my poor Vlasto. He was probably worried sick.

I hear a loud snore and look to my left to Vlasto sleeping on four chairs pushed together. I chuckle to myself and grab my throat in pain.

Why is my throat so dry?

I sit up in a groan in pain as I grab my side. I see Vlasto shift a little and I become silent not wanting to wake him.

Once I'm fully sat up I reach for the glass of water by the bed. I chug and set the glass down gently.

I press the buzzer, signaling the nurse to come.

She walks in after a minute. She has a look of shock on her face as she realizes I'm up and smiling at her, "Zinovia! Hello. How are you feeling?" She asks me, quickly grabbing her clipboard.

"I'm fine, my throat is dry and my side hurts a little," I tell her.

"It makes sense that your throat is dry. You've been gone for seven days." She informs me sadly.

My eyes widen, "S-seven days?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yes. Poor Vlasto has been sulking and throwing fits all week." She says.

I look over to him, "That's the first time he's slept since you've got here. He hasn't eaten once." She informs me.

I scold, "Oh, he's definitely in trouble when he wakes up." I say more to myself.

She chuckles, "Do you love him?" She asks me.

I raise my eyebrows not knowing how to answer, "I-I'm not sure. I mean I think I do, kind of." I answer unsure.

"How do you feel about him?" She asks me.

"Everything," I answer dumbly.

She looks at me confused, "Everything?" She asks.

"Yeah. I've felt every emotion possible for this man; Love, hate, fear, pride, even lust." I explain to her.

Jesus, forgive me.

I continue to talk, not even thinking of what I'm gonna say, just saying what I feel. "There are so many things I love about him. His kind heart, his understanding, his intelligence, his love for me, his face, his hair, his body." I dream off before I snap my own self back into reality.

"When I really think about it I get a little emotional. I know he kidnapped me, but I feel so undeserving of so much love and affection. I find myself wanting to do everything I can to make him happy and-" I freeze realizing I just told her my biggest secret.

I gasp and look towards her. She only smiles at me. "Don't worry, I already know. And it sounds like you are in love with him." She tells me.

I ignore the part about her knowing I was kidnapped,

Do I love him? I mean he kidnapped me for crying out loud. What does the Bible say about kidnapping? Goodness gracious, I'm so hungry.

All these thoughts run through my head, I'm brought out of my head when I hear Vlasto begin to wake up.

He groans and sits up, "Hi." I say to him.

"Hey, angel." He says not even looking at me. He just stretches.

I quietly chuckle. "How was your nap?" I ask him.

He sighs after he finishes stretching, "It was horrible, All I dreamt about was you and if you didn't wake up an-" He stops talking and turns his head to face me, eyes wide.

"Z-Zinovia?" He stutters walking up to me slowly.

I chuckle and nod my head, "In the flesh." I smile.

He runs to my side and hugs me tightly, it's hurting my side but I say nothing as the moment is bittersweet.

After he squeezes a little too tightly I jump with a painful squeak. He immediately releases me, guilt clear on his face, "Angel, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." He instantly apologizes.

I only smile, "It's okay baby. It was an accident." I forgive him.

"Why didn't you tell me that she was awake Calis?" Vlasto fumes at the nurse who I can probably assume is Calis.

She chuckles, "Calm down drama queen. She just woke up." She says, he calms down and they hug.

I look at the two of them and realization hits me, They're siblings.

"Sto, you never told me you have a sister." I scold him.

He looks at me shocked, "How did you know we were siblings?" He asks confused.

I scoff, "You two look just alike, I'm surprised I didn't notice it twenty minutes ago when she came in." I say.

His head snaps to me, "Twenty minutes? Calis you said she just woke up!" He says getting angry again.

They begin to bicker and I smile to myself.

***

After a week and me scolding Vlasto for not eating while I was in a coma, we finally got to go home.

He stayed with me for the first few days but had to get back to work after that.

"Angel, I'm going to work. I'll be back. If anything happens, call me immediately, the gun in under the bed and no company." I don't argue with him as he seems to be in a rush.

"Okay. I lo-" I immediately stop myself. I look up to see if he heard my almost slip up. He didn't. 

He walks over to me and kisses me. He then rushes out the front door.

I sigh to myself. 

I can't believe it. I love him.

***

Hey guysss. So this is kind of a filler chapter, I know my book has been a little boring and dry, but iss finna get juicy OOWWWWW.

I have another book that I just published. It's called; "Pleasureful Guilts". it would mean the world if you guys gave it as much love as you're giving this one. The other book is a lot less cliche and more original, I honestly like it better and that's saying a lot since I love this book. Go check it out.

Don't forget to leave a vote and comment. And yuppers.

Peace, Happiness, and Love- Jazz.