Chapter Twenty Three

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading my story. It's my dream to be an influencer and would mean the absolute world to me if you guys would follow me on TikTok @ _jazzedup_ ❤️ enjoy the story!

Zinovia

My father helps my brother walk to the chair and sits him down.

"I think y'all should say a prayer of thanks to the Lord right now." I tell them, as I walk over to the couch in the living room that I haven't sat in for years.

They look at each other, "Why?" my brother speaks up and asks.

"Because I really want to murder you both but the Bible tells us not to kill." I say with a flat face.

They nervously look at each other.

"Sweetie, we only did it because-" I cut my father off.

"I don't give a fuck why you did it!" I curse at them.

They look at me surprised.

I gasp and cover my mouth, regretting cursing instantly. I close my eyes and tears slowly fall down my face.

"Oh my goodness I just cursed." I whisper.

Neither of them say anything, which is probably the best choice.

Its quiet for a minute, until Esinam breaks it.

"You only said one cuss word Novi, it's okay." My brother says.

My head snaps up at him and my eyes go wide, fear is present in his.

"IT'S NOT OKAY! WHY DO YOU TREAT ME LIKE I'M AN OBJECT?!" I snapped, they flinch at each word.

"Where's a mother when you need one." I cried.

I look at my father to see him heartbroken.

I huff and turn to walk away.

***

I lay in my bed in my old room hugging my childhood teddy bear.

"Where's a mother when you need one."
I shake my head disappointed in myself.

Why would I say that. I groan.

My father has tried his hardest to care for us as best as he could without a wife or mother to his kids. And I just go and step on his heart with that insensitive comment.

Like he hasn't worked his butt off for us. Like he hasn't loved unconditionally.

Like he didn't have to buy me bras and panties, large ones at that.

Like he didn't make it weird or get awkward when I got my first period and he had to get pads for me for years.

My brother walks in cautiously.

I look up at him.

"The doctor says to take this medicine if you're feeling any pain." He sets the medicine on my dresser.

I nod my head and lie back down.

He lingers for a few seconds then turns to walk out.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you Esi." I apologize, sitting back up. He stops and looks at me.

"I just feel like major decisions that include me should be made by me, or at least with me." I tell him.

He opens his mouth to talk but I cut him off.

"That wasn't me giving you permission to talk, please get out." I say, hugging my teddy bear closer to me.

He nods and leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

I sigh and lay back down and close my eyes.

.....

Hi everyone. I know a lot of you can't stand me because of my negligence and abandonment of a story you all enjoyed. It's almost been a year and a half and I can only ask for you guy's understanding and forgiveness for this.

Please read the next part, I will be explaining what's been going on and the future of this book!