Chapter Fifteen

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe. (Proverbs 18:10)

(We have reached the kind of halfway point so after this, I will be doing some heavy editing to the book. I will let you guys know if you should go back and re-read the book, depending on how heavy the editing will be. You may just want to go back due to the fact that it'll be a lot better. I will be making the chapters a little longer from here on out so get ready for the juicyness. I'm still open to ideas for the book. It's never too late to tell me what you guys want to read in this book. P.S. I put this note in the front because more people read, don't act like y'all don't be skipping the notes at the end of the chapter.)

***

Ever since I came to the realization that I love Vlasto, I have been feeling a little shyer towards him. Though he hasn't noticed too much since he's extremely focused on figuring out who all was involved with me being shot.

We've returned home and are expecting a visit from Janice soon. I was so excited to see her after so long and after so much has happened.

"Zinovia, are you okay do you need anything?" Vlasto asks me for like the 20th time since we got home.

"I'm fine, honey. Stop asking, please." I tell him sweetly.

"Okay. I'm sorry. Are you excited to see Janice?" He asks me sitting on the bed with me, putting his hand on my thigh. I blush a little.

"Yes, but I'm scared for you. She is very protective of me." I say, slight fear crosses his face and I almost chuckle.

 Little 120-pound Janice can make 210-pound Vlasto nervous.

After I say that we hear a knock at the door. Vlasto goes down stairs and opens it and come back up with Janice. When she sees me she drops all of her stuff and runs over to me, hugging me. She kisses me in my mouth, though it doesn't make me uncomfortable because this is a heart-warming moment. She begins to cry, I rub her back. I thought I heard her whisper something along the lines of "bullet" and "not meant for you" but I just ignore it and hold her closely.

Vlasto steps out to give us some time alone.

Vlasto King

I step out and give them their 'girl time' mainly because I want to figure out who shot my queen, otherwise, I wouldn't leave her side.

The fact that she got hurt while in my care is driving me crazy and I can't help but beat myself up for it. If Zinovia knew that I was blaming myself for this, she would probably beat me up herself. But I can't help but feel like a failure. I know we haven't gotten married yet but I still decided to live by my vows to her. "To protect" I failed at protecting her.

I walk into my home office where I had my guys meet me. We came to a conclusion that Quincy, the guy who planned the entire thing, isn't dumb enough to be at the scene in person so he had to have hired someone.

"Sir, we've figured out who shot at you and Miss Zinovia." He tells me his face looking a little uneasy.

I tense up, he says nothing which angers me. "Well, what are you waiting for? Tell me!" I holler, they all flinch.

I hear him whispering to some of the other guys and it only angers me more, "Tell me now." I say in a dangerously calm voice.

"Janice Hart, sir!" One of them answers.

I snap my head towards him. "Did you just say 'Janice Hart'?" I ask in disbelief.

He nods and I crack my knuckles and head before standing up slowly.