Chapter Eleven

(Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love)- Ephesians 4:2

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading my story. It's my dream to be an influencer and would mean the absolute world to me if you guys would follow me on TikTok @ _jazzedup_ ❤️ enjoy the story!

"Do you, Vlasto King, take Zinovia Akili to be your lawfully wedded wife. To hold and to love, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, through sickness and through health, until death do you part?" The pastor asks Vlasto. He smiles at me and nod.

"I do." He confirms.

"Do you, Zinovia Akili, take Vlasto King to be your lawfully wedded Husband. To hold and to love, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, through sickness and through health, until death do you part?" He asks me.

I look to the piano and see no one playing, I look behind me and see no bridesmaids or a maid of honor, I look around the church to see it empty.

I open my mouth and close it several times. Vlasto just stares with confusion written all over his face.

"I- I can't do this." I finally say calmly, walking out of the church. I go to the room I prepared in and look in the mirror.

I look at myself in the mirror and sigh in disappointment.

At least the dress is beautiful.

But that is not the point. The point is, I'm getting married and no one is here.

There is no one here.

Vlasto rushes to my side in worry. "What's wrong, angel?" He asks me pulling me into a tight hug. I gently push him away.

"Nothing." I dismiss him.

He gives me a look, "Angel, you know I don't like to be lied to." He reminds me.

We sit in silence for a couple minutes, him waiting for me to tell him what's bothering me.

I sigh, "I can't do this Vlasto. I cannot marry you." I say.

He takes in a sharp breath, "Zinovia, we've already discussed this. You need to understand-" I cut him off.

"No. You need to understand that I cannot do this. I don't even know you." I tell him.

"Yes you do, I-" I cut him off.

"No. I mean I don't know you. We haven't been on one date. I know absolutely nothing about you. I don't know your beliefs, your likes, your dislikes, what you do for fun, what your goals are, who your family is, I don't even know where you work." I explain.

He says nothing, "And it's not only that. Look around." He does so, confusion clear on his face.

"I don't see anything." He says.

"Exactly. I'm getting married and there's nothing here. Nobody is here. I had to do my own hair. I had to do my own nails. I had to zip myself into this dress. I have no bridesmaids, no maid of honor, no flower girl. My best friend isn't here, my father isn't here, my brother isn't here. Nobody is here.

"Marriage is sacred to me. Very sacred. I never thought that I'd get married, but if I did I thought it'd be amazing. My father would walk me down the aisle, I would get butterflies in my stomach when I see my groom. My entire body would be overwhelmed with all the love I held for him." I dreamily rant, not knowing when or how to stop.

I come back to reality as I remember the truth. I sigh in defeat and look down.

"I don't love you, Vlasto," I admit.