Chapter Seven

Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. (Ps. 34:5)

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading my story. It's my dream to be an influencer and would mean the absolute world to me if you guys would follow me on TikTok @ _jazzedup_ ❤️ enjoy the story!

***

As I sit on the unnaturally comfortable bed, I think about my life before I was taken.

I don't have much to miss. But the little I did have, I missed a lot.

I've been here for a month. A full month. I haven't left this room for a month. I'm forbidden to leave the room. But what's the point? I have a T.V. I have books. I have a laptop. Food is brought up to me every day and I have my own bathroom. So why leave?

Vlasto hasn't treated me any less than as a queen.

He spoils me with designer clothes, gourmet food, the best smelling toiletries, and expensive jewelry.

They are all nice but despite this, I can't help but feel miserable.

It's been a month and the only thing Vlasto and I have accomplished was me not tensing up or crawling away when he comes near me. This was only accomplished because after a while I realized that Vlasto really was. . . in love with me and wouldn't do anything to hurt me. Physically at least.

But, we are a month away from the wedding and I don't think I can mask a happy, healthy, and in love relationship with Vlasto. Several people will be at the wedding and Vlasto heavily advised me to not try and pull anything or else.

I never thought I'd get married. And if I did I thought I'd be madly in love with him.

I feel nothing but fear and detest for Vlasto.

And lust.

No! Not lust. That is a sin.

A sexy sin.

Ugh!

I haven't been to a single church service since I was taken and I've never felt so empty.

God. You know I'd be at church if I could, I quickly pray.

Vlasto comes in with a smile. I weakly smile back to be polite. "Hello, Love." He says as he sits on my bed. The bed dips down due to his heavy weight.

I've gotten used to the pet names and just learned to ignore them.

"Vlasto." I somewhat greet him back. He stares at me as I look out the window.

After a minute he speaks, "You will be going to the wedding dress shop to try on your wedding dress. I've already picked it out and paid for it." He informs me.

I only nod. He sits on my bed for a minute and then gets up to leave. The bed dips back up.

I look up at him, "Vlasto?" I call out his name.

He stops and looks at me, "Yes, Love?" He responds.

I sigh, "Is there anything I can say or do for you to let me go? Is there no use." I ask desperately.

"Love, there is no use. I need you." He finalizes. He leaves the room after that.

After he says that I finally give up.

There's no use in fighting anymore.

***

After sitting on my bed for an hour I decide to explore the house.

The house isn't huge. It's a simple 2 story house. it's actually very comfortable and has a homey feel.

I look in the living room to see a fireplace and a large flat screen T.V. Couches surrounding a coffee table in the middle of the room.

I look in the next room and see a grand piano along with some more couches and chairs. A little library in the corner of the room.

I find my way into the kitchen and instantly fall in love. I love to cook. And this kitchen is huge.

Two stoves, two ovens, fridge fully stocked with all different kinds of ingredients, cabinets full of seasoning.

I thought white people only used salt and pepper.

I go back into the library and pick out a book. I sit on the comfortable couch and open the book to read.

"Though 'To Kill a Mockingbird' is viewed in a child's perspective, I don't believe it would have been even remotely as good had it been viewed in an adult's perspective," Vlasto says randomly, popping up out of nowhere.

I don't even look up, used to his random visits. "Children are a lot more curious and sometimes, a lot more observative. They can't help it." I inform him.

I continue to read the book and feel his eyes on me.

"I notice this is your first time out of your room. Did you explore the entire house?" He asks.

I nod.

"What do you think?" He asks, I look up at him and see him scratching the back of his neck.

"It's smaller than I thought-" He cuts me off.

"I knew it. We can move into a mansion if you want. Or a palace. I can have it arranged. I'll call my real estate agen-" He pulls out his phone and begins to dial a number.

"Wait! No! I didn't say I didn't like it. I do." I tell him quickly.

He stops dialing and looks up at me, "You do?" He asks shocked.

"Yeah. It's nice. It makes me feel comfortable. We don't have to move." I reassure him.

"If you ever change your mind. Just let me know. All I want to do is please you." He reminds me.

I weakly smile at him and he leaves the room.

***

I try on the wedding dress and gasp.

It's beautiful.

"Oh yes, this is gorgeous. Vlasto has amazing taste." The consultant says. She feigns a smile but I can see the jealousy in her eyes.

Oh, honey, You can have him.

I carefully take off the dress and hand it back to the consultant.

I put my clothes back on and look out the window of the shop.

This doesn't look like New Orleans.

I look around the store for clues of where I could be.

'Lafayette's best Wedding Dresses'

Lafayette, Louisiana.

I quickly realize something.

Vlasto isn't here and my bodyguard is outside. I can escape!

I look at the consultant to see that she is now working with another customer.

I quickly sneak out the back door and phone an Uber.

Once here within minutes.

I decide that the best place to go is a women's shelter. I tell the Uber driver to take me to the nearest women's shelter.

***

Heyyyoo! Jasmine here. Just a reminder to go ahead and leave a vote if you want. I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, if there's anything you guys want me to add to the story let me know. If you want to see more of a certain character. Want more explicit content. Or less explicit content, which you guys will probably never want. I'm very open to ideas and suggestions.

Anyways, If someone hits you . . . hit them back, they started it so you finish it.

Peace, Happiness, and Love- Jazz